@GarfieldModular Thank you very much! Wishing you all the best too. Have a nice weekend, hope my music will hepl :)

Also, I've recorded a new video, but I think it's perfect to show it on Helloween, because of its sound, ahahah :) A bit of dark ambient, influenced by Bernard Parmegiani... So, well, I need to record another one for the start of my favourite season of the year.

Cheers,
Igor

Hi all!

I'm happy to invite you to listen a new release of my band, which is devoted to our 10th anniversary.
A lot of Eurorack modular and Nord modular for pads and drones + electric guitars for solos and riffs.
Ambient / drone doom / + three drum'n'bass remixes.

Gamardah Fungus "10 YEARS COMPILATION: SINGLES, RARITIES, REMIXES"
https://gamardahfungus.bandcamp.com/album/10-years-compilation-singles-rarities-remixes

my module

Thank you very much, guys!
@Warren, you're right, I'll leave it to myself for now. Love it too much! :)
@GarfieldModular, big up for your permanent support! It means a lot to me!

Made a new sketch based on drones, pads and strings.
I continue to study delicate distortion of Soma Lyra8 FX module.
The solo string part is from Intellijel Plonk.
A significant role here plays pitch shifting from Happy Nerding FX Aid.
Better to listen with headphones at high volume.

Superb! Thank you very much!

Hey, DonghyukHeo, love your videos very much!
Could you make a video or at least describe here in more detail the process of how you split midi files into various osc?
Please, it would be very interesting!
Wishing you all the best and waiting for new tracks!

Thank you very much, GarfieldModular!
Yes, Plaits is perfect pairing with Soma Lyra FX. Also I have some ideas with other modules. New video coming soon! :)

Stay safe! All the best!

Igor

My fresh composition, based on my new Soma Lyra8 FX module. Here I used it to create crispy pad with Mutable Instruments Plaits. Other modules used here and full patch explanation you will find on YouTube under the video.

Better to listen with headphones at high volume to hear all beauty of Soma FX distortion.

Thank you very much, Warren!
First of all for your suport on Gamardah Fungus. I saw your order on a Bandcamp and will send your cd tomorrow!
As for my solo album, I'm working on it almost every day now. Hope to find a nice home (label) when I finish it.
Cheers!

Lugia, thanks a lot for your detailed explanation. Now I need a time and money to decide what i need exactly to buy.
I’m unlikely to buy it fast, so I hope you will like my upcoming videos without new modules too :)
Once more, thanks for your advices and thoughts!
Cheers!

Hi guys,

Yep, I thought about Toppobrillo's Stereomix or Happy Nerding's PanMix. The last one is produced by my friend from a neighboring town, so I can try it first. Also there is a smaller version PanMix Jr without cv controls, but a very cool for tiny cases.
Actually, now I've sold that small case from videos above and bought two cases: 104x2 for studio and 70x1 for travelling around. Many plans for future videos, hope that all this nightmare that is happening in the world will end soon.
Wish you all stay healthy! Cheers!

Hello GarfieldModular,

Much appreciated for your detailed feedback!
I am so happy that my music helps someone to relax a bit these days.
Also, thanks a lot for your advice about stereo panning. Actually, I thought about this technique and in the future I plan to try it. The only problem for me about this is some technical points. My philosophy in making music is to record it in one take. No matter on a tape or digital recorder. So now I can't make panning variations on selected tracks in Logic afterwhile. But now I'm planning to buy a separate module for stereo panning to do it while recording. So, I hope in future I'll try this trick :)

Thank you once more for attentive listening! Be safe!
Igor

One more simple calm composition to help all of us relax a bit during these hard times.
All sounds based primarily on Mutable Instruments and Happy Nerding modules. Recorded directly onto a tape.
Take care of each other, be safe and stay home whenever possible!

Hello!
Thanks a lot for all your detailed answers and attentive listening!
It is very important for me to read such thoughts and analysis. Sometimes seems that it's not interesting to anyone except me, and it’s a little frustrating. But such reviews support me not to stop and continue to experiment.
Thanks once more. New videos coming soon!

Just uploaded a new video of the patch, that started the creation of our album “Natural Storm”.
Super slow chord and noise modulation on Make Noise Telharmonic and Mutable Instruments Plaits, plus guitar sample recorded by our guitar player. More explanations under video on YT.

Hi, thank you!
Yep, tape is only for recording.
There is full explanation of the patch on youtube under the video :)

Thanks a lot, Warren!

Also, here is my new solo eurorack video, without guitars, modular only. Hope, you enjoy!

Wow, thank you very much for such a detailed answer. Yes, maybe the guitar plays a leading role on this release, and the modular synthesizer is more for creating the background and atmosphere. We wanted to show that a modular can be not only a solo instrument, but also can be well introduced into heavy guitar music.
Nevertheless, on our previous releases, the modular synthesizer plays a leading role . Therefore, you are welcome to listen to our early works. Also, in 2020 we are planning a new album, in which the modular synthesizer will again be the main instrument.
In any case, thank you very much for the nice words, it's very kind of you. Wish you good luck with your music!

Hi all.
I want to invite you to listen to the new album of my band.
Drone doom / power ambient.

Gamardah Fungus "Natural Storm"
https://gamardahfungus.bandcamp.com/album/natural-storm

Eurorack modular for pads and drones + electric guitars for solos.

Hi all.
Here is my brief overview of some features of the new eurorack module from Happy Nerding.
Dual xFade is a compact voltage controlled crossfader suitable for both audio and CV signals, which can be also used as vca, cv controllable dry/wet processor, panner, mixer, etc.

Appealing and simple patch! If you like the nocturne genre, try those by Faure. The later ones get extremely bizarre and they are absolutely sublime.
-- Lauprellim

Thank you! I'm a big fan of Faure.
His Vocalise, among others, inspired me to made another tune a few weeks earlier -

My new generative patch to learn the melodic possibilities of Mutable Instruments Marbles and two Plaits.
I love classical nocturnes by Frederic Chopin and Claude Debussy, so this one is inspired by their works.
Hope you will like it.

Superb! Thank you very much!

Skinny/minimalist case designs...
-- jschussler

Yes, please!

I'd swap Braids for Plaits, Linix for two Happy Nerding VCAs, Z-DSP for Strymon Magnetto. All these would make more versatility system. You definitely need much more than one vca for nice ambient with multiple layers. And maybe I'd swap micro Elements and Belgrad for original Elements, because I hate that tiny knobs :) and also you already have nice stereo/dual filter from MN.

Some of my experiments with Telharmonic as main voice.
The patch was inspired by atonal music theory and classical vocalise examples by Rachmaninoff, Fauré and Medtner.
Vocal is recorded on a tape and processed by Clouds.
More explanations below the video on YouTube.