This Black Hole case 60HP 6U is perfect for storing these discontinued modules. :)

Isn't it a beauty. The real ARP 2500 had only 15 modules but this was the perfect case and it didn't come any smaller so I created a monster 2500. :D It is what it is.

I heard that Catalyst were going to restart manufacture and add a few more modules - but when that will be is anyone's guess!
-- JimHowell1970

I spoke with Dave at Catalyst Audio. He is barely beginning production he told me. So its on. :)

So they're not going to keep going with the 100 modules? That's a damn shame, since they finally got those to play nice in Eurorack, and some of those 100 modules would pair really nicely with the 200 modules. Someone should poke Buchla USA over this, or maybe they could farm those out to Tiptop or someone else...?
-- Lugia

Yeah the big question is whether Catalyst Audio will continue making them as they were prior to Buchla absorbing them for production. There was a schedule to release the 112 keyboard and spring reverb and Module 93 which consisted of an LPG and a Band Pass Filter but not anymore. On top of everything Buchla had special custom made knobs for the Red Panel modules and Catalyst Audio doesn't have right to those so if they released them again they wouldn't look the same. Plus they graphic would once again be blue. I don't want to re change my modules again thats irritating. That would be the third time for me since I originally had the Catalyst Audio System 100 until Buchla snatched them and released them as Red Panel. I think I am gonna write to Catalyst Audio and ask Dave Smalls I think.

One of my favorite 60HP 6U modular cases to play. It's no lie that the Buchla 158 oscillators are one of the best sounding oscillators ever made. Wish Buchla had continued the line and expanded it on it to at least 15 modules but oh well it is what it is. To aid for some missing modules I have taken what I feel are essential parts for the system and added them on the sides as 4 2HP modules ( Low Pass Gate, Multi Mode Filter, LFO, and Reverb) thus allowing the front face to remain uniformly white. All my other modules the Doepfer Random Source, 2HP CLK and Tokyo Tape Music Center 185 Phase Shifter have been refaced in white. The whole unite looks like a lab unit from back in 1963. :) I love old equipment. Hope to have a video for this beauty soon. :) If you can, snatch some of those modules before they are gone. They are beautiful. I can take this to a desert island.

I own a Mort's Barge by LA67. Best monstrous sounding synth I own. To celebrate this nice synthesizer I have put together for you a mini version of it using the same type modules by different manufacturers. It is very flexible although it doesn't look like it. :)

This lil unit can do more than you can imagine, don't let it fool you. :)
-- ANTONIVS

My Mimaroglu variation :
ModularGrid Rack
-- Jihel

Interesting, what does the Sloth and Hypster do?

The complete Behringer System 15 as in the original Moog System 15. Only extras added: Pico Out (so you can use your headphones), Endophin.es Milky Way ( so you can have onboard reverb or echo), and Behringer CM1A ( so that you can connect a keyboard to the system via MIDI to CV). All fitted like a glove inside an 84HP 9U. :)

Hi Antonivs,

Yet another little-box-puzzle, looks great! :-) How is your experience with the Erica Synths - Fusion Delay, worth the investment? Kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Erica Synths modules are incredible. They give you so much for the money. They are also well built. Whenever you buy an Erica Synth module they go deeper than most for the price. Jean Michel Jarre himself approves of them. The fusion delay took me a while to figure what to do with it. It sat in a box for months. I had tried different combinations but finally it made its way into this one and it worked beautifully. This allows for the unit to sound vintage like Tangerine Dream and yet modern when you feel like it. Crossed with the DSP2 and you can get some incredibly beautiful stereo sounds.

Looks sick, would love to hear some jams ⛈️⛈️⛈️
-- troux

sick in a bad way due to synthrotek...

-- JimHowell1970

That Synthrotek Sequence 8 is pretty flexible for a lil sequencer. I tried several small ones, this one was ultimately the best for the job. ;)

Looks sick, would love to hear some jams ⛈️⛈️⛈️
-- troux

Coming up soon, thanks :)

In my opinion the first version of the Erica Synths Liquid Sky Dada System was the best because it is compact and well equipped to make soundscapes from another world. You can also do some synthesis to aids into the sound nonetheless. If you love manipulating audio and adding a sprinkle of electronic music you will love this unit. I removed the Pico Drums because I prefer electronic music with no beats whatsoever. I like to feel like I have a blank canvas and I am painting some abstract piece for the ears.

Dream up some stormy weather with this unit. Very compact, don't let the small size fool you. Make it rain. :)

You do realize that I might have like three modular cases in difference sizes right? and that perhaps some people might want something small and compact and fun for the money. Bigger doesn't always make it better. Great things do come in small packages. This modular is just a small system out of many other small systems I like to create for a quick compact travel buddy to the park etc. If you go look online many companies are beginning to make small 60HP 6U cases for a reason. It is more challenging and fun making a small system, try it some time ;)

All you will need is in this box. :D

Variation on a portable electroacoustic palette
ModularGrid Rack
-- Jihel

I like that you kept the whole white colored scheme. :)

Thread: Evil Thing

It gives nightmares, be warned.

This lil unit can do more than you can imagine, don't let it fool you. :)

This is just a "cute" minimal system to carry around, of course it doesn't have every module on the planet. Think outside the box. If Hainbach can make great music using just two Koma Electroacoustic Workstations so can you and so can anybody else. Those meters are just for eye candy and to give it a retro look and to show you your levels, nothing too taxing. It is meant to be ultra minimal and able to create soundscapes, the heart of the unit are the Electroacoustic Workstations which are very powerful and can make some nice stuff, yes they many not be ultimately stereo but they do a good job at sounding 50s, 60s lo fi. Make Noise Morphagene is very powerful in its own right. and can do splicing and audio manipulations enough to satisfy. Adding that to the effects on the Electroacoustic Workstation and utilizing modulation tools and other tricks on the upper Electroacoustic Workstation will be enough to satisfy anyone at a park. The goal here is to sound 50's and 60's and not modern. I am fully aware of the difference between a large system such as yours.

Perfect for Musique Concrete aficionados without the use of synthesizer. All recorded media for manipulation old school. If only the Make Noise module was white. :D

Perfect for Musique Concrete fans with an added sprinkle of synthesis. :D

Sounds really nice :)