nioce

they've been concentrating on the fenix(?) for quite a while, I think - so maybe not got round to another run of their modules

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Simply put, TINRS needs to stop listening to Felix Visser. Lots of big noise and plans, but no follow-thru out of that guy. Visser's NEVER going to put the new Fenix version out, period, as he's been saying that the new version of the Fenix was "coming soon!" for longer than I even know!

are these things still being made? i know there was a limited run but not sure if they are still being produced,
-- Mosiej
Hi!

Stijn Kuipers here - together with Priscilla we are TiNRS.

This was a special edition - limited run of 25 units. We are no longer producing these. BUT! the files are open source so you can obtain a DIY verison - there are several places where you can buy pcb/panel sets for this module.

The main reason we built this thing was as analog manufacturing practice before we felt comfortable building the Fenix IV.

Fenix IV has been released in the wild for a while now btw - no idea what Lugia is going on about? The first 55 units have been shipped - the next 45 are coming in november. If you hurry there may still be some room on the waiting list.

And indeed: now that the Fenix project is nearing the end, we will be developing and manufacturing some modules again.

Ah...then, my apologies. But I should also note that there's very little news on this side of the pond on the Fenix IV...just a clip or two on YT with Felix, so this wasn't information I had on hand. Much of what I did hear over here, though, was along the lines of "never expect this to happen", so I was going on the info I've had to work with. It also doesn't help that we've also got some janky sorts over here claiming that they'll have the [INSERT SYNTH HERE] reissue out next [INSERT SPECULATIVE DATE]...yeah, looking at YOU, Polyfusion!

One suggestion: you might want to get a bit more presence on Gearsource (ie: the site formerly known as "Gearslutz") and get the info about the Fenix IV in front of more eyes. That would not only get the waiting list filled in a matter of minutes, but clarify some of the info floating around. Same goes for Muff Wiggler (if it's even still called that!).

muffwiggler is now modwiggler

apparently some people took offence at 'muffwiggler'

which just proves that some people have no sense of humour!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

So, if they merged, would the result be Gearwiggler or...hm, yeah, I see your point.

muffwiggler is a double-entendre - a classic form of pun...

taking offence to it is pathetic... imo, shows a total lack of a sense of humour...

I generally find those lacking a sense of humour both pathetic and offensive

you can't please all of the people all of the time, though and if it helps adjust the gender bias at modwiggler (which is questionable) then it's probably a good thing

unless of course the newcomers lack a sense of humour...

now there's a conundrum!

If you don't have a sense of humor, though...then why in God's name are you using a modular synthesizer?

exactly!!!

Anyone got the Rectangular thing guys? I have a DIY unit and can't figure out how modulation works.
None of the MOD knobs do anything and nothing happens with external modulation through the dedicated MOD input.

Anyone got the Rectangular thing guys? I have a DIY unit and can't figure out how modulation works.
None of the MOD knobs do anything and nothing happens with external modulation through the dedicated MOD input.
-- orys

I'd contact Stijn above - you should be bale to private message him - however it seems like you probably have some defects in your build - so posting hi-res photos of the board to somewhere that's more oriented towards DIY might be a good idea - Modwiggler's Music Tech DIY subforum would be my choice!

good luck!

-- orys

I'd contact Stijn above - you should be bale to private message him - however it seems like you probably have some defects in your build - so posting hi-res photos of the board to somewhere that's more oriented towards DIY might be a good idea - Modwiggler's Music Tech DIY subforum would be my choice!

good luck!
-- JimHowell1970

Thank you very much my friend. A friend of mine is taking care of it!

-- orys

That's good... hope it gets fixed!

-- orys

That's good... hope it gets fixed!

-- JimHowell1970

It's running like a dream now!
It was the trim pots on the back. Had to adjust those to my likes.

It's running like a dream now!
excellent!!! good news...
It was the trim pots on the back. Had to adjust those to my likes.

yeah, buggers those aren't they - trimmers that need setting and on the back!!!! argh!