One of my favorite 60HP 6U modular cases to play. It's no lie that the Buchla 158 oscillators are one of the best sounding oscillators ever made. Wish Buchla had continued the line and expanded it on it to at least 15 modules but oh well it is what it is. To aid for some missing modules I have taken what I feel are essential parts for the system and added them on the sides as 4 2HP modules ( Low Pass Gate, Multi Mode Filter, LFO, and Reverb) thus allowing the front face to remain uniformly white. All my other modules the Doepfer Random Source, 2HP CLK and Tokyo Tape Music Center 185 Phase Shifter have been refaced in white. The whole unite looks like a lab unit from back in 1963. :) I love old equipment. Hope to have a video for this beauty soon. :) If you can, snatch some of those modules before they are gone. They are beautiful. I can take this to a desert island.

So they're not going to keep going with the 100 modules? That's a damn shame, since they finally got those to play nice in Eurorack, and some of those 100 modules would pair really nicely with the 200 modules. Someone should poke Buchla USA over this, or maybe they could farm those out to Tiptop or someone else...?

So they're not going to keep going with the 100 modules? That's a damn shame, since they finally got those to play nice in Eurorack, and some of those 100 modules would pair really nicely with the 200 modules. Someone should poke Buchla USA over this, or maybe they could farm those out to Tiptop or someone else...?
-- Lugia

Yeah the big question is whether Catalyst Audio will continue making them as they were prior to Buchla absorbing them for production. There was a schedule to release the 112 keyboard and spring reverb and Module 93 which consisted of an LPG and a Band Pass Filter but not anymore. On top of everything Buchla had special custom made knobs for the Red Panel modules and Catalyst Audio doesn't have right to those so if they released them again they wouldn't look the same. Plus they graphic would once again be blue. I don't want to re change my modules again thats irritating. That would be the third time for me since I originally had the Catalyst Audio System 100 until Buchla snatched them and released them as Red Panel. I think I am gonna write to Catalyst Audio and ask Dave Smalls I think.

I heard that Catalyst were going to restart manufacture and add a few more modules - but when that will be is anyone's guess!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I heard that Catalyst were going to restart manufacture and add a few more modules - but when that will be is anyone's guess!
-- JimHowell1970

I spoke with Dave at Catalyst Audio. He is barely beginning production he told me. So its on. :)