Hello,

let me introduce you to our brand new released DIMENSION Wavetable oscillator.

The DIMENSION is a compact 1OHP but full power Wavetable 24 voices stereo oscillator. it is compatible with Serum wavetable and allow quick browse of imensity of wavetable available everywhere for computer software wavetable synthesisers. It reproduce and process wavetables in full quality 32bit 44,1KHz

We are currently taking pre-orders till 15 November after wish we enter production phase.

The module in developpment from more than 2 years is in beta test from 6 months now and is hardware and firmware ready to fly.

Have a look here for more > www.ziqal.com/dimension

Cheers, ZIQAL

Hi @Ziqal, do you have any plans of adding a TRS MIDI input or an expansion, even via pins on the back, in order to take advantage of the 24 voice polyphony fully? Preset chords isn't going to cut it, that's why I'm asking.

All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.

Hi @Ziqal, do you have any plans of adding a TRS MIDI input or an expansion, even via pins on the back, in order to take advantage of the 24 voice polyphony fully? Preset chords isn't going to cut it, that's why I'm asking.
-- ParanormalPatroler

Hi, this is not planned for this version of the module.

-- ParanormalPatroler

-- Ziqal

That's probably going to be a problem, then. It's all well and good to have 24 oscillators under a single control, but if this is supposed to truly be polyphonic (paraphonic, actually...who's going to have 24 identical VCFs for that, plus the module doesn't have 24 discrete outputs), it has to do MUCH MORE than preset chord noodling.

I also don't see any way to blow the Serum wavetables into the module aside of putting them on an SD and then loading from that. Nothing particularly novel about that.

This strikes me as being rather vapor-ish. For one thing, where's Ziqal located? I didn't see that info anywhere on the website, even on the order and "about" pages. If I'm going to drop some moolah on a module, I might also want to know where it'll be shipped from so that I can roughly determine how long shipping will take. This also doesn't seem to be designed for the claimed 24-voice polyphony. The panel doesn't show any way to determine chords, nor any way to change them through simply adding a few switches to implement added notes and then having a clearly-obvious chordal table (clearly obvious because live gigs often happen at darkly-lit venues, and you NEED to be able to see what you're doing) for quick chordal switching. Have a look at this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/qu-bit-electronix-chord-v2 Now, with that, the chordal switching and results are CLEARLY available to the user, and the module clearly has the necessary circuitry needed to address the module's polyphony, down to individual outs for the chordal pitches. It can easily handle inversions, extracts lead lines, shows the chord's modal structure, and the like.

In short, you guys might want to go back to the drawing board on this. Sorry to say, but compared to Qu-bit's and other polyVCO offerings, this isn't going to cut it.

Hello,

@lugia

the module is not suppose to offer full polyphony with splited output. It is made to generate complexe timbers based on Serum formats wavetable. A TFT miniature full color display is on the module so i can garanty you ll be aware of what is going on through it's interface. (More demo/reviews are coming)

The module bring a lot of digital processing power in 10Hp and play high resolution wavetables "2048 samples per waveforms, this bring a whole new range of sonic texture. (The only module yet that do it is the 1v/oct one) And philosophy is very different. Voices a made to produce very fat stereo unison or/and chord (1voices chords)

So the chord mode is realy not the thing the module offer the best...

So the module is a on steroid oscillator, not a ensemble oscillators. Also the module allow morphing between 25 differents wavetables of 256 waveforms. It make 6400 waveformes availables in CV. I think it is unique

Tanks for your feedback, i definitvely have to add our location on the website.

We are from Belgium

@lugia
also the module output is stereo so why would you need 24 filter or VCA you only need two :)
The 24 voices unison are also pannable on L/R outputs ( yes CV controlable )

@Ziqal so there is no way to control the different voices separately other than the on-board chord options? Man, that's a big deal-breaker, at least for me. I'd be ok with just MIDI pins on the back, there are passive workarounds. It's too bad I wasn't aware of this design earlier, I would've pitched the idea to you when the PCB was still in design.

Looking forward to more demos I guess.

@ParanormalPatroler i have forseen a way to do it as the sync input is capable of serial midi decoding. But it is not yet implemented. So i can implement it later adding a (midi voices mode) yes.

But like i said, i did not concentrate forces on chords operations for now. ( it can evoluate latter )

I did focus more on the sound, morphing quality, anti aliazing, wave processing algo, user interface etc.

But it is not impossible the module will add a midi trs ( sync input ) in futur...

Just make sure it's type A and I'm onboard. Being able to take advantage of the full polyphony is important.

@ParanormalPatroler What do you mean by type A ?

@ParanormalPatroler What do you mean by type A ?
-- Ziqal

How TRS MIDI Works
Many MIDI instruments, effects, and modules now support MIDI over smaller “minijack” connectors, but their implementations > vary:

Type A (now the MIDI standard)
e.g.: Korg, Make Noise
Type B
e.g.: Arturia, Novation
TS sometimes called Type C or Non-TRS
e.g.: Expert Sleepers, Beatstep (Original), MFB

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Tanks @toodee

Two things come to my mind

1. If i add TRS i would need to take ride of the sync input, wish is usefull for reseting oscillateur phases when unison ( very cool effect). But I could also reset the phase with a note on event of the midi input wish also make sense and maby even more.

2. If you plug a TRS in the module and start playing, how do you get the "note on / gate" information for the reset of the system ? Because it seam to be a absolute need to control voices amplitudes etc

@Ziqal You've already found a solution for #1. I don't get #2, can you explain what the "reset of the system" means? Am I right to assume that you're firing internal envelopes to control the "voices amplitutes etc" ?

-- Ziqal

Major deal breaker. I would really rethink this before pulling the trigger on a production run. Even if you have to offer MIDI inputs on a 2HP expansion board, do it. I would choose a competing product over yours based on this factor.

@ParanormalPatroler,

Sorry missTyped, i mean, for the REST of the system. If you plug your midi in the module, no gate are shown anywhere else so if your module is not a complete voice it is useless.

No there is no amplitude control implented in the module yet as it is a oscillator, not a VCA. Or you would also need a filter etc... this is not the goal here... but to get a massive wavetable oscillator with high resolution wavetable.

@Ronin1973
It think adding a expension would be a good idea as well. But we remain with the problem i said.

What will you do with 24 voices panned on a stereo without a "gate" from midi somewhere ? And if you do VCA, you also need Filter, and everything and the module become a complete voice.

I did also thinked about the poly control when was designing the Dimension but i was not able to respond these questions...

As you would need a gate output to enjoy the midi fully, i would see things like this

Minimal expension module ( 2hp )
- Midi Trs in
- Midi gate out ( to trigger enveloppes )
- ... any suggestion ?

Maximal expension module > 2hp
- Midi Trs In ( Thru ? )
- Gates... 1, 2 ,3 4
- Separated voices outputs ( i mean 4 not 24. so you would get max 6 unisons voice per output )

I could definitevely add a port at back of the module to make this append next.

But adding midi as the module is ( 10Hp ). I dont see usecase it would be nice except making it a synth voice, and it is not the goal. Tell me if you do not agreee

This is the Dimension voice mode. It this mode you can morph in 25 differents wavetables in the same time. I think it is kind of a unique feature in high resolution wavetables formats. ( dont know any software doing it neither )

It is not 25 waveforms, it is 25 wavetable of each 256 waveforms, so 6400 waveforms morphing :)

@Ziqal Personally I'm ok with no gate outputs anywhere. It's up to the user to mult the MIDI (this sometimes works with a TRS split cable) via an external device or even using a few of the available MIDI mult modules available. That would allow the user to plug to a MIDI-to-CV module and use the gates from there. Additionally, some MIDI-to-CV modules (I'm thinking of Flame) have MIDI Thru, so that would also work just fine. So, for me, SYNC input as TRS MIDI Input would suffice.

That being said, if you allow for a 2hp expander as you suggest, would the MIDI connection happen via pins the back? That would be ideal, as that would allow for modules that have their MIDI outputs as pins in the back to connect directly to the ZIQAL with no cables, which is always nice.

Finally, if you want to avoid redesigning the PCB to add expanders, I can suggest a simple workaround. Use SYNC for MIDI IN, and set an option so that one of the L/R outputs sends a gate when incoming MIDI messages are received. That would be an option for the user that doesn't have a way to get gates otherwise (although I do believe that's up to the user to handle, this is an oscillator you're offering, it's not your responsibility to handle the MIDI-to-gate, in my opinion)

PP.

@Ziqal Hey there it is quite hard to find tutorials on this awesome module. I read the Thread u both wrote and i cant agree more on the polyphony part since modular is kinda short on that in most cases. I really like the Chord Feature u pointed out on your website tho, since i do not own a module i cant really tell how it work. I have seen that there is a Midi in tho, is it possible to send Chords thru that? Or is the Midi in just meant for single notes that get big with the multiple oscillators?

@Straticah

There is several possibility for MIDI input usage. You can play one note and use the dimension to scale to chords with all kinds of options and chords modes. You can also drone with 4 voices controlled in midi and i am working currently on a new mode with integrated VCA+ADSR so you will get some kind of a full synth voice with 4 notes polyphony within the module.

Cheers.

Modulargrid says it's $375. It's $299 at Perfect Circuit (not in stock). And it's $420 at Detroit Modular (in stock). The dealers seem to be getting worse than the profit taking Reverb sellers.

sell your module direct please . its to good be out of stock

www.ishq.org

this user has left ModularGrid

Modulargrid says it's $375. It's $299 at Perfect Circuit (not in stock). And it's $420 at Detroit Modular (in stock). The dealers seem to be getting worse than the profit taking Reverb sellers.
-- mntbighker

I just add that kind of dealer to my never buy from again list.

sell your module direct please . its to good be out of stock
-- jachinboaz

Agreed, just don't take a page from Noise Engineering and not ship to dealers just so you can charge a $50 restocking fee.

Hello [deleted],

there is some confusion at the moment because we are about to release the new MK3 version. The 299$ was for the MK2 version wish was produced before Silicon component crisis. We hade to re design the dimension because some parts were impossible to find anymore or the price did increase like crazy. This is why we came with the MK3 version. Also we took the re-design oportunity to improove little things.

A new batch is building as i write you and we will ship to retailers end of September (MK3 Versions, not yet on ModularGrid...)

I hope it answer your questions. If anything else, just ask :)

Best.

modedit: deleted mentioning of a username on users request

this user has left ModularGrid

@Ziqal any info on the Dimension MK3 now its September?

It seems to me very interesting.

refuse-resist

Just make sure it's type A and I'm onboard. Being able to take advantage of the full polyphony is important.
-- ParanormalPatroler

I just received a v3 module and it does have TRS midi included via the trigger input. The cable is also included. I haven’t had time to try midi yet but everything about the module is quality so far: beautiful screen, menu system is easy to interpret, the sound is impressive, build quality is decent.

There is no manual though - anyone from Ziqal planning on this? Also almost no videos. This is my first WT module and it’s pretty intuitive so I think I’m getting it already. But I would appreciate a manual, even a short one that briefly explains each function.

I’ll start a discussion thread on MW and add a few videos when I have time.

Some Idiot just bought the last two Ziqals from Schneiders before me... Who ever he is, i will hunt him down like Liam does!
He is just lucky, If Schneidersladen reordered some Ziqal to Stock! Did they?

Thank you for making things i like or things i need

Try contacting Ziqal, I believe they sell direct too.

To update my post above, great news on two fronts: the manual is now out, and the FW received a decent update. I still highly rate this module and can warmly recommend it to anyone looking for a WT module.

Edit: I got mine from Signal Sounds, website says they're in stock right now too

Well, I don't why I'm involved to this Ziqal Wavetable Oscillator issue, I never had, never bought, never nothing about it.

refuse-resist

Well, I don't why I'm involved to this Ziqal Wavetable Oscillator issue, I never had, never bought, never nothing about it.

-- RossMotus669

Dont play it like that now! You must be the one who bought them 2 days ago, now you got scared for some Liam Neeson Action right?

Some Idiot just bought the last two Ziqals from Schneiders before me...
-- Kemal

if you don't stop to call people idiot on the MG forum (especially when they did nothing wrong) i will hunt you down like Liam does :)
good luck for finding a unit somewhere else!

is all good Modular01 i was just playing arround... Nobodys a Idiot...! [edit: Hahaa i got it too late! You bought the Module :) Very Lucky You!