So I'm building this rig to do big stereo stuff, both ambient and more traditional:

Stereo Rig

And looking for opinions. Here's what I'm thinking about:

1. Adding an offset/inverter utility like a tiptop Miso. All my LFOs are unipolar.
  2. Adding a sound source to do ambient, with stereo reverb/delay... I hear Clouds is the go-to here?
  3. Something to do stereo mixing... or more VCAs and use those?
  4. Adding something weird to build up a stereo field. No idea here.

The biggest problem I have right now is, I think, lack of mixing or stereo field. I quickly run out of utility trying to mix right and left channels separately. But I'm not sure what problem I'll have next.

Any feedback very welcome!

1. yes good plan - also take a look at the happy needing 3*MIA
  2. clouds is good...
  3. both stereo mixing and more vcas - grab a veils if you can... also seriously consider a matrix mixer - leverage your modulation into more interesting territories
  4. auto-panning (can be done easily with vcas, though), delays - use 2 different mono delays 1 for left 1 for right (the auto pan them with vcas), different reverbs used subtly on each side to give weird spatial presence

The biggest problem I have right now is, I think, lack of mixing or stereo field. I quickly run out of utility trying to mix right and left channels separately.

then address point 3 first

But I'm not sure what problem I'll have next.

that's half the fun discovery of issue and then work out how to solve the issue...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities