Hi all!

This is my first time setting up a modular synthesizer and I would like to ask you for help and advice to see if I am on the right track. The type of music I'm going to make is cinematic music. For that, I'm planning to use the nerdseq to sequence the pizza and the ensemble oscillator as well as some squid salmple samples and then the marbles clone to sequence the remaining squid salmple samples (mostly percussion sounds). The effects are the mimeophon and some guitar pedals that I'm going to use via ALM SBG and that I'm going to pass as sends in the Mix BX.

The rack:
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1999858.jpg

My main questions are:
-Do I have enough VCA and modulation sources?
-Do I need more utilities?
-Would you change anything to improve the workflow?
-Does it make sense at all?

Thank you very much in advance!

The MIX BX is a large module for a smaller build like this. Take a look at something like Cosmix which is half the size and still a very powerful mixer. Also maybe Bitbox Micro instead of Salmple which saves 3 more HP...now you have 22HP extra. Maybe add an effects module like FX Aid Pro (14HP) and you have 8HP to add Pamela's New Workout as a clock source for everything.

JB

Well, to fix the oversized MIX BX issue AND to add some final VCAs to the audio path, I would recommend having a look at Tesseract's TEXMIX system. With the Master module and a mono input module (4 ins, VCAs over level), you get your final VCA level controls. You even get to stick with the dual AUX send/return architecture for your effects. But the result fits in just 20 hp. Need more inputs? Just add another fader section!