my eurorack

Hi there im really new to Eurorack and so far what you see is what i got. I intend to use my Eurorack with an Arturia Keystep and some Pocket Operators from Teenage Engineering. Is there any Module im absolutely missing out that i need for this to work? I for sure want to get a new Oscillator, since Chips really isn't it even tho i like its quirkiness/brokeness. Which Oscillator should i get, what other modules would be great to get? The goal i have is to make some rather dark reverbed sounds, with some modulation possibilities.

I would swap out Zverb with FX Aid XL....2HP smaller and more choices for effects

JB

+1 on FX Aid

Check out Pamela's New Workout instead of the Doepfer LFO, Maths instead of ADSR

Plaits oscillator will get you the most variety of sounds without needing Filters, VCA, Envelopes, etc.

Klavis Twin Waves is an amazing VCO, but you'll definitely need to add a VCA. There are some great Veils VCA clones.

Behringer can be controversial, maybe swap the filter from a reputable manufacturer. TipTop Forbidden Planet and MI Ripples are great all-rounders. Xaoc Belgrad is legendary

Behringer can be controversial.
-- 33PO

While true, in the case of the ARP 2500 clone modules, they are Rob Keeble (AM Synths) designs. And in this case, B wasn't stepping on anyone's toes (there's a first time for everything, I suppose).

I have the 1006 (and a couple other B2500 modules), and while it works great within the 2500 setup, it is a royal pain to use outside of that context (you must use the filter in order to use the amp), so I would second @33PO on a different filter. If you want the ARP filter sound, G-Storm Electro has the TONUS-VCF, which is the classic ARP 2600 4012-filter clone (I personally like it better than the 1006, although the 2-pole 1047 Multimode Resonator is loads of fun!).

Hi, been a while but thanks for all the suggestions, sadly my imaptient ass did already order all the modules, aswell as behringers brains. I really didn´t know Behringer had such a bad reputation in the modular world. And i totally get it cause they do feel really cheap (which they are), but i must say i absolutely love the sound of brains and the zverb. The doepfer modules are fine but i did notice some crosstalk with chips and cells (which is both annoying and kind of intresting), although more expensive maths would have surely been a better option.
Now the one module im actually disappointed in is the Filtamp it was the first module i got after getting the bundle and its just way to limited for its size and as @BerkleeGrad1984 pointed out its really annoying to use since in order to use the filter you have to use the amp and in order to use the amp you have to use the filter. I do like the filter but the module is just way to big and annoying to use so i will probably get a diffrent one in future.

So i have decided to get rid of the Filtamp aswell as Chips and Cells, attached is a screenshot of what my eurorack looks like now. Any more suggestions on what Modules would be awesome to get (mixers, amplifiers, filters (i will look into ripples and forbidden planet))? I thought about getting MI Beads and the Erica Synths Fusion VCO 2 as a second voice. Sequencing will be done by the Keystep Pro. Maybe you have some more ideas :) my setup for now

It's only some silly people on here that think Behringer is bad, they don't mind Arturia ripping off the exact same code as what you have in Brains.

It's only some silly people on here that think Behringer is bad, they don't mind Arturia ripping off the exact same code as what you have in Brains.

-- greenfly

What's silly is not doing research then calling other people silly. Or maybe you're ok with anti-semitism (https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxe7qx/a-major-synth-company-created-this-fake-product-to-attack-a-journalist) and scare tactics against criticism (https://cdm.link/2018/06/behringer-have-sued-dave-smith-instruments-forum-posters-for-defamation/) ?
The code wasn't "ripped off", it's open-source, and Emilie said several times she was fine with it. But to understand that this isn't the issue most people have with Behringer, it takes more than half a second of thinking, then some boring reading, and then some more taxing brain activity, all of that before posting stuff. Ah, who does that on the internet nowadays, amarite ?

--- Voltage control all the things ---

^ example of silly person because of course behringer characterising a silly purist with a big nose is anti-semitic lol

this user has left ModularGrid

message sent by one of the people above to my inbox lol:

Wunderbar, Herr greenfly from toodee
Received Today, 16:31
Please don’t call me names, you may not like logic and facts but if you insist on living in a fantasy world, please stay in there and don’t engage with others.
You’re one of those weak minds who ignore parts of the argument that they can’t respond to (like you just did - or is reading a full sentence difficult for you, a recurring theme with you as I understand?) because, well, deep down you know as well as I do that you’re full of shit and have absolutely 0 knowledge on synths but still insist weirdly on sharing that uninformed opinion with others to boost your self-esteem, that’s just sad and so cringe …

Okay i did not expect this thread to go like this....

So i have decided to get rid of the Filtamp aswell as Chips and Cells, attached is a screenshot of what my eurorack looks like now. Any more suggestions on what Modules would be awesome to get (mixers, amplifiers, filters (i will look into ripples and forbidden planet))? I thought about getting MI Beads and the Erica Synths Fusion VCO 2 as a second voice. Sequencing will be done by the Keystep Pro. Maybe you have some more ideas :) my setup for now
-- bibop

It might sound redundant, but I suggest you play with it for a while without planning or adding anything. Adding a second VCO might be early now IMO.

It might sound redundant, but I suggest you play with it for a while without planning or adding anything. Adding a second VCO might be early now IMO.
-- Harko93

Yes absolutely! It's super fun to play already. I just want to fully utilize the power of the Keystep Pro, this is where a second VCO would come in handy. Some drum modules would also be great or rather a drum machine to connect with the Keystep (still not sure what the better choice would be). But GAS is hitting me for sure thats why i plan ahead ^^