Great fx unit. Only downside is not being able to tell what fx algorithms are in the firmware because of no display. If you don't memorize it you have to use a saved algorithm list to see the fx parameters.

Great fx unit. Only downside is not being able to tell what fx algorithms are in the firmware because of no display. If you don't memorize it you have to use a saved algorithm list to see the fx parameters.
-- VerifiedPersonae

or you could get a pro to put beside it and have the 1st 32 algos identical to those on the xl

or just use your ears!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

https://fxaid.app/

Customize your algorithms, group them by bank, and the world will open up for you. I thought the same way about it until I found out how easy it is to upload whatever algos you want, and in what ever order you want. I still have to use my ears and see what sounds best, but I now know my first 2 banks are reverb, my 3rd bank is delays, and the 4th bank is any algo that caught my interest while browsing. It's not a perfect system but it gives you more control, without relying on a list, and you still get to be in the moment and have fun with it.

I'll second the idea that having a Pro really complements the smaller versions. Because you can audition effects on the Pro, and then just upload your favorites to the XL or the 4 HP version.

Hello there, I´m considering to bring this module (45mm depth) to an moog 60HP case (48.26mm depth). Does any one know it would fit for those 3,26 mm?

Thanks in advance

...Does any one know it would fit for those 3,26 mm?
-- bdmoscoso

FX Aid XL's module depth without ribbon cable:
37,6mm

with attached (included) ribbon cable that has a strain relief:
45,5mm

with attached ribbon cable that has no strain relief:
41,0mm