Hello, so I am finally starting to get an idea about the rack I wanna build, and I have two questions:
1) Is it worth further processing a dedicated bassdrum module like the Mutant Bassdrum? And do some of you process external drum machines through eurorack? how? :-)
2) What are some of the "meat and potato" kind of utility modules every techno percussive rack should consider having? Im especially interested in simple one or two function modules like the Doepfer A-160 clock divider and A-161 clock sequencer that I already have and love.. I guess some sequential switches? maybe a precsion adder? a low pass gate and an exponential VCA for the drums to smack?
Well, I guess any input and patch tip and module recommendation regarding eurorack live performance oriented techno drums and percussions would be greatly appreciated. :-)
Cheers!

I process external drum machines through eurorack using two of these to boost the individual outs: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/blue-lantern-modules-booster-array They are cheap and work wonderfully for that purpose.
I also use a lot of other stuff to process the sounds, but the Worng Soundstage is a cool option for stereo mixing.
Have fun and good luck.

I process external drum machines through eurorack using two of these to boost the individual outs: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/blue-lantern-modules-booster-array They are cheap and work wonderfully for that purpose.
I also use a lot of other stuff to process the sounds, but the Worng Soundstage is a cool option for stereo mixing.
Have fun and good luck.
-- farkas

Nice! Thank you I will be watching those. Now sold out of course.. Also probably more expensive for Europeans.. But I will check out the technology and try to find something similar that is locally available. =)

If you can't find anything locally, Blue lantern is on etsy. Flavio is easy to contact. I recommend his Dual decay (ddk) module. He makes a few other percussion and fx oriented utility modules I haven't seen elsewhere. Worth a look.

How are you trying to process the kick? Are you wanting rumble? Just smack in general? Cleaning up the low frequency mud? Compression/sidechain ducking?

I've used a Fold6 with drive at 50% and fold just barely on to get kicks to punch specifically a ModBase09 mk2 through around 80 of 90 multi-hour techno streams. This worked well for 909 style kicks. I tried with a Unicorn Boom (808) and didn't like that much, but through a 100 Grit it got a super fat sound. So it all depends. I also use 2x TriTones with a smile curve on the master and this really helps out to get the hats, kick and sub to sound huge.

I'm kind of a newbie here, but I would suggest some filters. You can add some nice movement to a bass drum by putting it through a filter and modulating the filter's frequency or resonance with a sequencer or LFO or envelope follower or...

I've never worked with a pre-existing kick drum sample, but I've made some huge kick or kick-ish drum sounds from scratch just starting with an LFO. Filters, tube amps, reverbs, frequency shifters, all of these can be very useful, you just have to experiment.