Hey there,

I am wondering if this is a typical beginner's blues? I am stuck atm and try to find modules to improve my setup. Every time I try to compose and arrange stuff, I end up with the same pains and loose motivation.

If this was your rack:
Which module would you keep and which one would you kick out / substitute with?
current rack screen

My long-term idea is to invest in an elektron digitakt as drum machine and into the eowave swarm to spice things up with drone sounds. I also have a Behringer crave and volcas. I had much fun with them, but I think I should get rid to avoid fiddling around with them and focusing more on Eurorack.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

I had a quick look and put this together:
ModularGrid Rack

I think you could still remove the passive and active mults in a case this size, you can get stackables or flying mults which will save you space, so I replaced all three Rides in the storm modules with the new Bastl Aikido, added a cheap and great LPG, 3x MIA for more mixing and attenuating, an extra stereo filter (you have so many sound sources in such a small space) and the FX Aid pro for fun.

I'd also like to have added an ochd, another clep diaz or memetic digitalis for more modulation, but I got obsessed with using all of the hp and trying to even up the odd hp width modules (hence the aikido).

Otherwise I'd consider swapping the pico VCO and Hysteria for a klavis twin waves, and you'd have space for a sample & hold or logic module.

But that is just what I'd do...

Ask yourself why you are struggling to connect with it and what is causing you the biggest barrier to using it or finding inspiration. I really struggled to find the right sequencer & modulation combination for me, and explored a lot of different ones. when I finally found the right sequencer that clicked it was a huge transformation for me, I'd previously bounced off of the Varigate 4+ even though I wanted to love it.