Hello All,

I wanted to give a shout-out to Noise Engineering (NE) for a recent positive experience I had with them. I purchased a used NE module on Reverb, but when it arrived, I discovered that a trimmer-pot on the back of the module was partially broken off. I contacted NE to ask them if they thought I'd be able to repair it myself. Kris (their Doer of Many Things) told me that I could ship it to them for a fix and recalibration, at no cost, even though it wasn't under warranty, as it was a used product and I wasn't the original purchaser. This is an example of an amazing company that cares about their products and the people who use them. So thank you Kris and the Noise Engineering team for helping me out! You all are awesome!

I want to open up this thread for others to post their positive experiences with modular companies and makers. I invite you to share!

It's a good idea to have a topic that pays tribute to the relational and human qualities of some manufacturers.
I would like to take this opportunity to salute two in particular for their availability and the quality of our exchanges: Xodes (France) and Stochastic Instruments (UK). Without going into detail, I can say that these two sincerely love their work and have a real passion for their products. A passion linked to a deep knowledge of music.
Another thing they have in common (but is it a coincidence?) is their love of animals. This is often an excellent indicator.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Nice idea for a thread indeed !

Same as OP, Noise Engineering is the first manufacturer that come to my mind when talking about positive experiences. I personally discussed with Markus a few times, I believe he's the guy behind the company's excellent blog, one discussion is enough to understand the company is populated by passionate people who care about the community around them.

I will add another couple more to the list:
- the people at Shakmat are generous with spreading knowledge and they're very friendly. I had the pleasure to meet the team at an event where I built one of their kits, the best part was definitely the conversation that came with the kit building.
- I had issues with Intellijel modules but their support was above standard IMHO, they fixed everything super quickly and were very friendly.

--- Voltage control all the things ---

I've only had dealings with Mutable Instruments and Befaco - both were great...

Mutable regarding a switch that failed and needed a return for repair

Befaco with questions about DIY modules

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Endorphin.es has been fantastic and the owner/founder has helped me with firmware issues on Shuttle Control.
I had great experience with Jim at Vector sequencer and Intellijel support has been great as well. I like Noise Engineering both Markus and Kris have helped me with module issues.

My positive point goes to Squarp Instruments. I had a problem with Hermod and send them an email with not too much faith for a response and not only they answer me in a couple of hours with a solution, they told me that of the problem were not fixed, I would send them the module to check it and fixed by themself.
Thats something I love about eurorack and eurorack companys. I'm still waiting for a response from Akai since 10 months.