Now we have a black panel for the ResEQ as preferred by some. The ResEQ has been around for quite a while. What I had hoped for is an expander module with CV over all the frequency bands. Add gate sequences and have fun! Much more exciting to me than any visuals ;-) I heard rumors that there is a 4u version of ResEQ with CV control. Anyone?

That would mean building 10 VCA's into the module, not an easy feat and that would be pretty expensive. I've never seen a VC ResEQ, but a fixed filter bank like Bark Filter or Fumana might be what you're after.

That would mean building 10 VCA's into the module, not an easy feat and that would be pretty expensive. I've never seen a VC ResEQ, but a fixed filter bank like Bark Filter or Fumana might be what you're after.
-- LYFoulidis

I have owned/checked out Antumbra Bank, ADDAC601, Ladik F-110, MMI 295, Moog-inger 914 and guess what - none sounds like the ResEQ. It is very non-linear, with a gnarly resonance where all the bands effect each other. An instrument rather than a processor. VC control would be essential for automating the movement of those knobs. I cannot move more than two of them, much less with any precision. So, no, there is no replacing the VC ResEQ.

For individual outputs of the Res EQ bands: talk to Pierpaolo Cimino (username RTFM).

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

For individual outputs of the Res EQ bands: talk to Pierpaolo Cimino (username RTFM).
-- geusensdriesmusic

Thanks, that's interesting. Did he do that for you?

No, but he contacted me a couple of days ago to tell me he has this option for the Res EQ. Great builder (has learned me a lot and got me into DIY) and very nice guy to deal with.

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

Right, Pierpaolo/RTFM is a great guy to deal with, know that from many occasions.

Pierpaolo is a great builder, I still have a uOc build by him from years ago and still works perfectly like day one!!!

Pierpaolo is a great builder, I still have a uOc build by him from years ago and still works perfectly like day one!!!

-- dreamworks

His build quality is SOLID.
Never a problem in about half a dozen of his builds in years.

Now we have a black panel for the ResEQ as preferred by some. The ResEQ has been around for quite a while. What I had hoped for is an expander module with CV over all the frequency bands. Add gate sequences and have fun! Much more exciting to me than any visuals ;-) I heard rumors that there is a 4u version of ResEQ with CV control. Anyone?
-- wiggler55550

who is we? where can i get this repanel?

We means all of the Eurorack community. Bad wording, sorry my bad.
I do not speak for Random*Source (or any other manufacturer).
For any inquiries turn to the manufacturer please.

-- wiggler55550

who is we? where can i get this repanel?
-- hecko_doctor

I got this from a gent who goes by B0bcat on Modwiggler. PM him there and he can hook you up.

John, not sure who you were addressing?

John, not sure who you were addressing?
-- wiggler55550

heko_doctor was asking where to get the panel....

I'm curious if anyone has been able to get a black panel. Not seeing them on the Random*Source website.

I'm curious if anyone has been able to get a black panel. Not seeing them on the Random*Source website.
-- themachineswon

I got this from a gent who goes by B0bcat on Modwiggler. PM him there and he can hook you up.

-- wiggler55550

The 3U-Version of the VC ResEQ is available:
https://serge-modular.com/serge_4x4?mod=RS_SIEGFRIED8X4

A 3U Version will follow someday.

Where can I get this 16HP version?

Where can I get this 16HP version?
-- Hikove

possibly a typo - looks to be the same layout as the regular 18hp one & it does say it's just a black panel...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities