What do you do when the synth gets a little too big... especially for managing here on the grid? My system is in 7 cases, the Center, to which this post is attached, is pretty much that, the heart of my system featuring my mixer, basic send/return effects, monitoring, clock, modulation control devices, and some of the modulation sources.

The basic config is three 6u Doepfer 84hp bases with three 9u Doepfer 84hp cases set above them. In the case of Center, there is an additional 6u Doepfer case above it that I refer to as "Special Teams," containing my "trautonium" rig, Assimil8tor, drone/noise sources, and (for the moment), a Intellijel Rainmaker. Some cases include a Plumb Audio Rack Plumber, which passes 18 channels of signal via HDMI cable to several of my special purpose satellite racks.

In all, there is one large, very capable modular system (in 7 cases), with Center (described and included on the grid... I will get to the others eventually), right beneath the previously described Special Teams, as well as five others: a sequencer rack, a voices rack, a drum rack, a drum sequencer/drone rack, and a FX rack.

Among the satellites are: an electro-mechanical percussion rack, a Midi rack (tall and slender) beside my computer (with interfaces, monitoring, and input capabilities, and a Moog semi-modular system.

big modular = a rack per case and/or an overall rack, but you'll need an unicorn account for that (it's about 5 cents/pence per day)

I find it easiest to maintain the big rack and then delete the smaller racks if I move stuff around and then recreate them from copies of the big rack - my unicorn account has lapsed though and I don't need to make changes at the moment...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities