Hi friendly modular experts!

Here's another post seeking feedback and constructive criticism on a potential rack. I already have a lot of these modules (current rack is here: https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2104407.jpg, not sure how to post a proper link), but nothing is sacrosanct. Goal is to be a jack of all trades, but my main focus is on melodic generative music with a lot of playable sound mangling possibility. The image represents a Minibrute 2s connected to a Rackbrute 6u, with a Mantis case to the right.

General approach
Rackbrute - bottom row: usb interface, modulators, randomness and noise, s+h. top row: clocks, triggers, quantizers, general utilities
Mantis - bottom row: envelopes, mixers, effects, eq and output. top row: oscillators and sound sources, filters and effects.

I've tried to cover all my bases and be heavy handed with utilities, but it turns out I have 20 hp left if I stick with my current plan.

So my questions are:
1) what am I missing?
2) what do I have too much of/what's redundant?
3) how would you spend that remaining 20 hp?

Thanks everyone!

not sure how to post a proper link

copy & paste the url... needs to be a public rack

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

not sure how to post a proper link

copy & paste the url... needs to be a public rack

-- JimHowell1970

Got it, thanks!

ModularGrid Rack

That's the current set up, but as I said, there's not too much that's sacrosanct. I've had to take some things out for the suggested rack above to make space, but I think all functionality is already covered by the additions.

Are there any utilities that I'm missing that might be helpful? I'm thinking that between the o_C and disting I have pretty good coverage, but would anything benefit by being a standalone module?

So my questions are:
1) what am I missing?

possibly nothing - what do you reach for? do you run out of mixer channels/vcas/envelope generators/lfos?

2) what do I have too much of/what's redundant?

nada - 'redundancy'/duplication is a good thing in modular - you never know when you'll want something for your nth voice that you used up in your n-1th voice

probably more utilities... and/or a 2nd fx aid... I'm contemplating a pro to add to my xl (so I can use the duplicate 1st 32 algos trick to see what I'm doing)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

1) what am I missing?
possibly nothing - what do you reach for? do you run out of mixer channels/vcas/envelope generators/lfos?

probably more utilities... and/or a 2nd fx aid... I'm contemplating a pro to add to my xl (so I can use the duplicate 1st 32 algos trick to see what I'm doing)

-- JimHowell1970

Hi Jim, thanks! If I'm not running out of cables first, it's usually attenuators and switches. I'm hoping to have solved that a bit in the updated version, linked below.

Any favorite utilities that are typically overlooked? Also, that fx aid pro looks great, and I'm really tempted, just not sure about that 14 hp size (I wonder if there are more mantis cases in stock...). I added an Erica Synths Pico DSP to my updated plan, but I haven't played around with their modules before, so I'm not sure if that's the right direction to go in. Definitely think it will be interesting to have some effects earlier in my signal chain, though.

ModularGrid Rack

Thanks again for the feedback!

I'm always building the next case before I fill the previous one... so I never run out of space... and never see a module as too big... I like decent ergonomics - and have some very large modules...

musicstore expect new mantises at the start of July

I got rid of the only erica pico module I had, the sequencer, I didn't like the reset...

musicstore expect new mantises at the start of July

Oooh, thanks for the tip! And in black, too, so tempting.