Hi all,

As a fun challenge, I wanted to see if I could build a semi-generative system in small rack. So, using a Rackbrute 6U and modules I already own, I present the results. I explain my thinking below. But what about you? What's the tightest/most complete instrument you could build in a Rackbrute using only modules you already own? Any style, but please explain your rack.

So, here's my thinking:
Row 1: power, clocking, routing/mults, uO_C, voices, envelopes, VCAs
Row 2: modulators, gates, s/h, routing, triggers, VCA, effects, and end of chain processing.

Pam's runs the show with the master clock, with some utilitarian architecture afterwards to get the signals around. My main modulators are Batumi and Ochd, but there are other LFOs and modulators around, as well. Random gates, triggers, and sequences can come from several sources: uO_C, Pam's, or a combo of utilities. These get quantized by uO_C, which then feeds Plaits and Rings. Zadar helps shape it all alongside Veils. Then, the signals make their way to the end of the chain with some effects and sound shaping along the way. Finally, to cheat, there is the ES-9, making the exercise kind of irrelevant, but fun nonetheless.

So, let's see your racks.