You can find this rack as 'Noisy Thing Inverted' under user name 'SunPulse'
After a great deal of watching YouTube videos and reading reviews I decided on the Pittsburgh Modular SV-1 as a really good starting point for a Eurorack Modular. It has really good reviews and is quite cost effective for what you are getting. But I wanted to expand a bit on the SV-1 to get it more in line with what I would like. But I also had to be very cost-conscious in selecting what I was going to buy. I live in Canada and the Canadian dollar is low, about 78 cents per dollar $US. Ouch!
Compounding my selection choices is I live in Alberta, and the only Canadian stores where you can really walk in and check stuff out are in Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal. So all my decisions had to be made by surfing on-line. Awkward, but do-able.
What I didn't want were modern modules that were stuck in 1972. (Ahem: Roland) I wanted to explore sounds with designers that were more creative than that, but I still had to watch the budget.
In the end, I decided to go with Intellijel and WMD/SSF as they are doing creative work, are affordable, and the quality appears to be there. As a bonus, Intellijel is Canadian and I could buy direct from them. (BTW: Danjel van Tijn is very awesome in responding to questions and inquiries, he really came through for me with a problem I had. I will definitely buy from Intellijel again.)
The case is the Intellijel 4u X 84HP powered case. Intellijel puts a 1u space in full-width, and they make 1u modules. Great place to put some utility modules that would otherwise take up the 3u rack space. Into the 1u space I put (2) buffered multiples, and (2) Quadratt modules. The Quadratt modules are very versatile, you can use them as a 4-channel mixer, attenuators, attenuverters, and as DC voltage sources. Very useful for mixing CV voltages and sounds for the Pittsburgh SV-1. Also very useful when for the sends and receives to guitar pedals you want to incorporate into the modular.
I wanted one extra VCO, and this was a tough choice. In the end I picked the WMD/SSF Spectrum VCO, the Intellijel Dixie II+ was a very-very close second to the Spectrum. I do have a small scaling difference as I go up the keyboard between the Spectrum & the Pittsburgh SV-1 though. I don't know which one is the issue. I'm going to set up a clean sine-wave patch on my Roland XP-80, and use that as a guide for adjusting the VCO scalings. It could be that they are both off, I don't know yet.
I also wanted a 4-Pole VCF to compliment the State-Variable Filter that is in the SV-1. My choice here was the WMD/SSF Pole Zero. As a bonus it has a built in VCA and a saturation control. Sweet! Sounds nice too.
So the Pittsburgh SV-1 only has one Envelope Generator. It is an ADSR with a nice snap to it, so that's good. But only one ADSR was the first thing I wanted to fix. The Intellijel Dual ADSR is what I picked. You get 2 ADSRs with versatility. They have inverted outputs, are cyclable, and the ADR times are selectable up to a 60-second range (selection switch gives you 3 ranges, very nice when you are dealing with short sliders).
To add versatility to the VCOs, I picked the Intellijel uFold II waveshaper. I am really impressed with this module. If you watch reviews they usually only demonstrate it modifying a sine-wave. But it does awesome variations on all the waveforms I fed into it except for noise. And it is very musical at the same time, I would not want to lose this module.
That just left a keyboard choice, which is the Arturia KeyStep. I hadn't even considered this until I went into Long & McQuade looking for a 37-note keyboard and they showed me the KeyStep. Very nice with a built in 64-step sequencer and arpeggiator. The size matches up nicely with the 84HP case as well.
Overall I am very pleased with how this turned out, especially as how I had to make all my choices by surfing. Now if I would only stop looking at more stuff.