Hey Folks,

tried coming up with a 2 separated voice complex VCO rack, what do you think is it lacking? i thought about swapping the motomouth with a smaller filter (i.e. polivoks) to get some space

i have another small rack with yarns so i will combine this rack with a digitakt and an octatrack for my drum sounds
glitchy IDM trancey techno electro stuff

A question: if this is a two-voice build, why are there not two of the entire signal chain needed to make up a voice? There's two complex VCOs -- check. Two VCAs(-ish; not how I'd do this) -- check. One VCF...ah, that might be a problem. Basically, this isn't how two-voice polyphony works. You've instead arrived at something referred to (not very well, I think) called 'paraphony', where two independent sources get funneled into the same modifier chain. By default, you lose the separation you're referring to when that happens. Plus, once you mash it all into the single VCF, there's no point in having two of the Noise Engineering EG/VCAs anymore. You're just dynamically modifying the same sound in two different ways.

For reference, go have a close look at an Oberheim Two-Voice. These have been around since the early 1970s, still made today with some modern upgrades, and for very good reasons. You'll notice that, since it uses the SEM-based Oberheim architecture, you actually have two discrete signal paths with their controllers, modulation sources, etc. That's what you're trying to do here.

Hi Lugia

thanks for the response :-) sorry but i think there is a problem or some kind of bug, when im logged in, it shows me my current rack as i really laid it out. But when im logged off i can see there are still old modules (like the NE sinclastic VCA/AD) in there..... is there a way to ''refresh'' my rack to the current state?

cheers

Yep...go to your rack's page and then select 'Screenshot' under the 'Show' menu. If the screenshot view doesn't coincide with the actual page, refresh the screenshot. At that point, you should be able to refresh the forum post and see that it now matches the current state of the build. This isn't foolproof, though...sometimes it takes a bit more prodding, putting the forum post into 'edit' and back out again, etc. But the main problem comes from the rack's screenshot not matching the rack's actual page, so when posting racks always remember to make sure the screenshot is in sync before putting the post with the rack in question up.