So I'm ready to purchase my first modular system and i'd really appreciate feedback on whether my plan is along the right track.

This is what I have so far:
alt text

Goals:

• Stylistically I would be shooting for a cinematic ambient sound with a strong techno influence.
  • Be able to produce classic analog sounds both smooth / creamy and dirty / nasty when required.
  • Have the capability to do full on digital modular weirdness
  • Something that is completely self-contained (ie ultimately won't need a computer for sequencing or FX)

What do you think of this setup in relation to my goals etc? Any glaring omissions?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Seems right, although my preference for a final mixer tends toward VCA mixers that allow CV control over elements like level, panning, AUXes, etc. Plus, you might consider a stereo balanced output stage to step down your synth level signals to line level and isolate the instrument from potential ground loop issues, etc. Toppobrillo's Stereomix fits into the same 24 hp space, but would allow more sequencer/modulator control of your mix + processing. As for the stereo out, you could easily lose the Links and use inline multiple 'widgets', leaving you 4 hp open for something like a Malekko Output, Happy Nerding Isolator, or Ladik A-540. Everything else, though, seems to be spot-on!

Thanks for the tips! Will look at Toppobrillo stereomix and replacing the links with a nice output perhaps....thanks again.

The Batumi has an add-on module called the Poti. It allows you to instantly switch modes of operation such as the assignable waveshapes as well as sync modes. This can be done without the add-on by pulling the module and adjusting the jumpers. It looks like your rack is full. But if you can swap out something like the Intellijel ADSR for something slimmer and rearrange your modules, you can sneak the Poti in... maybe above the Batumi.

I own both.