A patch idea using a contact mic on a metronome to clock the entire rack, making use of a contact mic and the gate output on ears in to Pam's clock in. Had to run the metronome quite fast and it still drifts a bit....I think because the cheap metronome isn't very metronomic. The tick is slower than the tock, which I thought would give it some MPC-esque swing. It seems to just add some slight latency somewhere along the line though. Would be great to get some feedback and thoughts.

The envelope follower on the Ears probably isn't quite right for the sound level and/or transient behavior. It would probably work better if you had a fully-variable threshold control instead of the jumpered presets on that module. Another idea would be to try a Time Bandit, which is a stompbox-style click-to-trigger audio extractor, provided it can get enough volume from the contact mic alone or if you have some sort of preamp for it.

You might have something there Lugia. I had to fiddle a bit with the gain every time I tried this in order to get Ears to consistently fire a gate. I hadn't heard of Time Bandit. I could use Ears purely as a preamp going in to such a device. Many thanks for the feedback.

Yep, that sounds like the problem, then...but using the Ears to preamp the contact mic should work to send the signal on to a Time Bandit, which then outputs a trigger pulse that'll work most anywhere. I also remembered that Bastl makes a similar device (the KLIK), but it's solely a click-to-trig converter, whereas the Truetone Time Bandit can also function as a stand-alone clock source.

Root any android device in single click using root explorer. Download Root Explorer from https://www-rootexplorer.com/