OK...have a look at this: https://www.specialtystoreservices.com/productchild.aspx?productid=15858&group=2663b&img=2663b.jpg&category=5501

Now, we've all seen these things in clothing stores and other retail establishments. They're pretty ubiquitous store fixtures, and you can get all sorts of attachments to put various shelves, posts, etc on them. They're pretty sturdy...and they're cheap...as you can see.

So? OK, here's so...let's say you have a bunch of 84 hp or 104 hp skiffs (or even a bit larger). With gridwall, you can get very cheap matching attachments such as shelves with lipped fronts that will hold these nicely. Some even have some angling to them, and other attachments can easily be adapted to hold controllers and such, also with angling in some cases. Then, start adding up the prices (which you can see typical examples of at the site above). Suddenly you have this way to make a CHEAP skiff holder that you can build into an easy-peasy 2'x6' synthwall over time. Need more width? Get more and link 'em together. And these not only look pretty decent and are durable, but with the open back you can easily dress cabling through the grid and keep things like power and audio connections out of the way. Plus, if it feels like the gridwall is getting tippy, just add a cheap shelf on the backside and put some bricks on it to act as a counterweight.

I'm going to be going to something like this for my smaller devices...CZ-101, SK-5, VSS-30, a couple of Boss DR-220s, the Microbrute, etc etc. But this also has a pile of uses for those doing Eurorack builds, especially those of you who are trying to build up a large system in smaller increments over time. Unlike some stand systems, there'll never be a discontinuation of gridwall, and it can be gotten from a lot of different store fixture companies located all over the place. Hopefully that's a useful tip!

If you go to eBay and search "gridwall," you'll find all kinds of grid walls and accessories... perhaps even some used stuff that's local.

This looks like an awesome idea for hardware enthusiasts who are short on space.

Or not even short on space, for that matter. Dip over to Thomann and look up the K&M 441/1...yep, slatwall-mounting keyboard forks, with angle and length adjustments, for a measly EUR 14. For small(ish) devices, going to this method frees up a LOT of tier space on main stands, table space, etc.

I've seen the slat (wall panels) and hook/shelf used in professional project studios where operator is a complete hoarder. :)

If I ever go back to a hardware dominated set-up (like back in the early 1990's), this would be the way to go... now where IS my Kawaii Q80?