I was curious if anyone has had any experience with the 2hp TM. I’m going to enclose my current skiff diagram. Do I really need a quantizer? I thought the turning machine was like a random step sequencer and didn’t purchase one. Supposed to have the Turing machine next Monday. I should also mention that I have a Moog Mother 32, DFAM, and Grandmother that I use with my eurorack. Thanks for any help. Trying to post rack once more.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_874982.jpg

If you want TM to generate melodies in the chromatic scale then yes you need a quantizer.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view
-- Circuit78

That's my rack! You pasted the wrong link..

-- naught101

That's everybody's rack :)

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

I went ahead and purchased a quantizer. Now my problem is that I probably need to get another rack to keep this addiction going. I thought I was finished.

-- naught101

That's everybody's rack :)
-- modulargrid

;)

FWIW, it might be worth adding some validation to forum posts to prevent people posting those links - I've noticed it a handful of times in just the last week.

I had a Tune at one point - they work great. I recommend adding an Expert Sleepers Disting Mk 4, it has dual a quantizer along with shift registers (Turing Machine) and whole lot more. It’s a really useful module for under $200 and only 4hp. You could ditch the Tune or just have more quantizer for other vcos

I use the 2HP TM for pitch, and it doesn't need a quantizer if you don't mind that it misses 'true notes' and comes out really random. Good for non-pitch things too of course.

Problem I'm seeing is it likes to start off at super high notes, like when blank it boots up to all max voltage, has anyone else experienced this behavior?

I use the 2HP TM for pitch, and it doesn't need a quantizer if you don't mind that it misses 'true notes' and comes out really random. Good for non-pitch things too of course.

Problem I'm seeing is it likes to start off at super high notes, like when blank it boots up to all max voltage, has anyone else experienced this behavior?
-- elahrairah

Yes, when it happen I turn the steps knob full counter clockwise for a few seconds then increase it.