Hey guys...
Been researching and talking to a seller on line about a set of modules. I told them a few modules I liked and they helped me get to this. I know my way around synths pretty well, never dipped into eurorack. Going to get a tiptop mantis case and start with the modules below. With the rack I think I would have enough to get me started - sequencing, synthesis, sampling, basic modulation and filtering.

The 2u 104hp would definitely leave room to grow. Not sure where I’ll go with it next. I’ll know more once I start playing with a few modules what exactly my needs are. I know you guys say every rack needs a maths. Depending on what I find with this setup maybe maths and a erebverb would be next.

Let me know what you guys think. Oh, and I’ll need an output module as well, just haven’t added it yet.

ModularGrid Rack

Lots missing here...you're going to need VCAs (both for audio as well as CVs/modulation), for starters, otherwise this will turn into a pointless exercise pretty quickly. Maths is also a useful thing, and you might also look into a Batumi for straight LFOs. Also, if you're insisting on using the Chord as a VCO (I wouldn't do that, frankly), you need to consider a second on so that you can detune them against each other, do sync, etc for a "bigger" sound. That'll be spendy, though, at about $600 for a pair of poly VCOs...which is why I said I wouldn't do that.

Thanks for the reply.

What if I ditched nebulae and added Plaits and another 4x vca? I had my eyes on Batumi but was going to add it later. I really like the concept of the chord module and would like to keep it. But, I don’t want to spend the $$ or the HP on a second one. Just looking for something basic to start that will get me going.

Also, if you're insisting on using the Chord as a VCO (I wouldn't do that, frankly), you need to consider a second on so that you can detune them against each other, do sync, etc for a "bigger" sound. That'll be spendy, though, at about $600 for a pair of poly VCOs...which is why I said I wouldn't do that.
-- Lugia

You can do some very pretty things with the Chord

But if you just have just 1 VCO in your Rack I wouldn't recommend the Chord.

But would you really need 2 Chord?

^Thabks for the reply!
I really love the chord module and will definitely check that video out. What would you think if I added a plaits to the current build up top and another vca? Do you think that would be enough to at least get going and build from?

What if I ditched nebulae and added Plaits and another 4x vca? I had my eyes on Batumi but was going to add it later. I really like the concept of the chord module and would like to keep it. But, I don’t want to spend the $$ or the HP on a second one. Just looking for something basic to start that will get me going.
-- _RFJ

Ditching the Nebulae? It depends if you really want Granular Stuff in your Rack (i want it). There's also
the Make Noise Morphagene which is similar. You find Videos comparing the 2 on YouTube.

Plaits (VCO) is a completely different thing to a Nebulae and a Morphagene. If you keep the Chord V2
i would recommend add another VCO.

And you really need some Modulation.

But that's an advice from a beginner.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I get that about Nebulae being a granular unit. I had just brought up plaits because of the whole not only having chord as the primary oscillator and nothing else. I was thinking maybe that would solve that problem. Modulation, I get that too. I'm going to be building the system over time, I'm just trying to put together a grouping of modules that I can work with for basic stuff to start. Additional modules on down the line I'd add would be bautami (sp?), tides, more VCA's, a proper mixer etc, etc, etc...