This option lacks the Disting MK4, but maybe I don't need it, especially if I can't get the record function to work. The biggest problem is there is no mixing module. I would have to give up on three simultaneous channels - only two would be available. For that reason, this probably isn't the best option.

Hi Xxeyes,

How about a rack that's bigger, 3 x 84 HP for example? :-) Then additional mixer module(s) wouldn't be a problem.

Kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Frankly, I don't see why...other than monetary reasons...people want to use these little skiffs. Sure, they're portable and toteable and all that...but without the ability to sprawl out some and have lots of surprising potentials and opportunities built into your system, you're shortchanging yourself as to what modular can be.

You can still carry around a 3 x 84 or 2 x 104 easily enough. So it doesn't fit into a backpack stealthily...so? Frankly, if people want "convenient" instruments, maybe they should look at anything BUT modular synthesizers!

Sorry, I didn't intend for this to be public. I'm planning my first modular system and my comments are notes to myself for the various options.

This plan is to expand a Moog Grandmother. I'm just building this for fun as a new hobby; I've always wanted to learn to play an instrument and the idea of "building" my own is compelling. I need to set an upper size/price limit so I don't get carried away. I chose a 104 HP Powered Make Noise Skiff because it can sit behind the Grandmother. All I really wanted to add to the Grandmother is granular synthesis, but of course I have found other modules that interest me along the way. Now I just need to determine the best balance between the modules I would like to have and utilities. I'm OK with the 104 HP limit, I may just have to scale back the number of voices/effects. Limits are good for creativity.