this user has left ModularGrid

Lots more on my YouTube channel 🤘🏻

Here's one where I am incorporating some of my metal instruments - they are hooked into the modular via two Barcus-Berry contact mics into the Joranalogue Receive 2.

Hi Ivo,

Wow, you got some really amazing and good stuff here in your above tracks. From all, the first one is seriously blowing me away, so good! Partly it reminds me of you becoming the new Jean-Michel Jarre, in a bit modern way :-)

The experimental track with those "metal instruments", is a lot of fun, I love those... what are they? Mattress spirals? :-)

By the way, you got yourself a nice rack here, very interesting to look at. The two Intellijel - Planer 2s look like that is your "control centre"

Nicely done and I look forward in hearing more from you! Kind regards and have a good weekend, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Ivo,

Wow, you got some really amazing and good stuff here in your above tracks. From all, the first one is seriously blowing me away, so good! Partly it reminds me of you becoming the new Jean-Michel Jarre, in a bit modern way :-)

The experimental track with those "metal instruments", is a lot of fun, I love those... what are they? Mattress spirals? :-)

By the way, you got yourself a nice rack here, very interesting to look at. The two Intellijel - Planer 2s look like that is your "control centre"

Nicely done and I look forward in hearing more from you! Kind regards and have a good weekend, Garfield Modular.
-- GarfieldModular

Thanks so much for your kind comments and feedback - I genuinely appreciate it!

The metal instruments are made by MorfBeats - I have various videos of them on my social channels (IG and FB in particular)..

This system is my latest - I've been into Euro since 2007 so I've owned and sold a lot of entire systems for various reasons over the years. Anyway this case is getting expanded soon because there are various types of functions missing (I had always intended to add to this - the initial module choices were skewed toward oscillators because of what I was working on for work at the time).

Anyway thanks again for listening - I'll be posting more! Cheers :)

Nicely done! At first glance, one might be tempted to ding it for being short on linear VCAs, but then there's several VCAs in the tile rows, plus the subsystems in the mixer do lots of audio-type heavy lifting. Even so, dropping something like an Erogenous VC8 in there would really punch up the CV/mod handling craziness and add some mixing/attenuverters to those signal paths. And actually, this has the room for the entire Erogenous Tones audio/CV lineup of VC8, Levit8, Radar and Blip if you can find enough to drop or leave room for in the future expansion.

Nicely done! At first glance, one might be tempted to ding it for being short on linear VCAs, but then there's several VCAs in the tile rows, plus the subsystems in the mixer do lots of audio-type heavy lifting. Even so, dropping something like an Erogenous VC8 in there would really punch up the CV/mod handling craziness and add some mixing/attenuverters to those signal paths. And actually, this has the room for the entire Erogenous Tones audio/CV lineup of VC8, Levit8, Radar and Blip if you can find enough to drop or leave room for in the future expansion.
-- Lugia

Thank you! Yes, I fully agree; when I put together this new system in January, my focus was essentially just on getting as many oscillators into this case as possible, because I was working on some sample libraries at that time. However, the system is definitely lacking a few elements such as VCAs. The 1U are good options and the WMD Mixer VCAs are ok in a pinch - but just not the same.

So keeping that in mind, my plan was/is to expand the system in January. I'll reconfigure this case to fine tune the functions more toward my songwriting workflow, which definitely necessitates more VCAs - and definitely more envelopes (particularly more standard ones). In the expansion case, I'll be adding all the odds and ends that didn't make it into this case, of which there are quite a few. I'll definitely post that case when it comes together in a few months.

Cheers!

Hi Ivolvanov,

Wow that's a great nice little track! I don't know why but when I was listening at it I was thinking about acrobatics :-)

Well done, I like it and thanks a lot for sharing this. Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Ivolvanov,

Wow that's a great nice little track! I don't know why but when I was listening at it I was thinking about acrobatics :-)

Well done, I like it and thanks a lot for sharing this. Kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thanks so much for listening!

Hi Ivolvanov,

Yeah, another exciting track from you, great! :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

@GarfieldModular - thanks for listening! :)

Wow outstanding! On par with Colin Benders and approaching Richard Devine territory. I hope to have a large massive setup like yours one day and to master it.

Wow outstanding! On par with Colin Benders and approaching Richard Devine territory. I hope to have a large massive setup like yours one day and to master it.
-- sacguy71

Very kind of you, thank you!

Currently taking time to learn various new additions to the system and waiting on more things to arrive. In an effort to post more content I'll be uploading quick patches/sketches as I work through this process. Still planning an all-modular album later this year.

Hi Ivo,

Ha, ha, that's a nice little fun track. Lots of funny & interesting sounds. I hope you will make one day a bit longer track out of that one? :-)

Thank you very much sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

Hi Ivo,

Ha, ha, that's a nice little fun track. Lots of funny & interesting sounds. I hope you will make one day a bit longer track out of that one? :-)

Thank you very much sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thanks for checking it out. I probably won’t develop this one in particular because it was more of an exercise than anything else, but I will definitely write some songs in a similar style in the near future. Currently I’m waiting on a few more modules to arrive and while I wait I’m learning the newer modules as well as mapping out how I want to approach working with the two Nerdseqs. Cheers!

Hi Ivo,

He, he, fantastic, another fun track. Lots of nice sounds :-) It gave me a bit of a popcorn feeling too ;-)

Thanks a lot for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

live performance of my latest modular track: ANTITHESIS
Full video:

Hi Ivo,

Wow, great track! Impressive show you are pulling of here. What's that module you are using quite a bit in front a bit on the left hand side? Your "control centre", it looks like? Would be interesting to know which module that is.

Thank you very much for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

GarfieldModular: thanks! That's the NerdSeq - I have two of them linked together and they allow me to orchestrate everything. Cheers

Hi Ivo,

That's interesting, do these two NerdSeqs work then in a master-slave configuration or how did you set that up?

Kind regards, Garfield.

GarfieldModular: I just have the clock and reset from the one on the left going into the one on the right. It takes some very deliberate planning to successfully use them both in parallel but I have devised a method that works quite well. It's on the complex side but I enjoy it a lot because of the nature of how I use my modular system and what I aim to do in terms of writing full arrangements with it. Cheers!

Latest track/performance:

Hi Ivo,

Nice fun music, I like it!

Thanks a lot for sharing and kind regards, Garfield.

Some new stuff:

Hi Ivo,awesome music.
how are you finding the tetrapad-tete combo for control?

i need to build a row in my modular for control/live manipulation,and the tetrapad-tete combo have been recommended to me,im mostly doing Dark Ambient stuff

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

Hi Ivo,awesome music.

i need to build a row in my modular for control/live manipulation,and the tetrapad-tete combo have been recommended to me,im mostly doing Dark Ambient stuff
-- Broken-Form

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I can't recommend the Tete/Tetra combo enough - I have two pairs in my system (still waiting on the second Tete to arrive after three months of waiting haha). It has so many modes that I could even see a third, so that I can have all three modes running at once. That said, the Combo mode is where it's at because you can essentially have 4 channels of whatever you want (i.e. one channel can be an LFO, another can be a sequencer, another a fader, etc.). Anyway yes, if you're looking for tactile control, look no further.

Hi Ivo,awesome music.

-- Broken-Form

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I can't recommend the Tete/Tetra combo enough - I have two pairs in my system (still waiting on the second Tete to arrive after three months of waiting haha). It has so many modes that I could even see a third, so that I can have all three modes running at once. That said, the Combo mode is where it's at because you can essentially have 4 channels of whatever you want (i.e. one channel can be an LFO, another can be a sequencer, another a fader, etc.). Anyway yes, if you're looking for tactile control, look no further.

-- IvoIvanov

Awesome,gonna put them on my to buy list:)

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me