This module is designed to fit within an IKEA Kallax cupboard. You would be able to fit four of these in one piece of furniture.
Put a soft pillow in front of it, and get lost in sound.

Hi Glennbach,

Ha, ha, that's a fun idea :-) ! Though, for my own rack, I would feel it's a pity and hide it in a cupboard, from all of them it had to be Ikea? ;-) I rather like to see it and play with it. That's just my humble opinion.

Still a cool idea though, kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

It's actually an open piece of furniture, with four equal rooms. I probably used the wrong term for cupboard. Just google IKEA kallax.
It will add a piece of retro / high tech / geek touch to any living room. I didn't find any bus board and power supply combo for this size, so I'll be startibg
With flying cables.

And it's a perfect vinyle record storage!

It's actually an open piece of furniture, with four equal rooms. I probably used the wrong term for cupboard. Just google IKEA kallax.
It will add a piece of retro / high tech / geek touch to any living room. I didn't find any bus board and power supply combo for this size, so I'll be startibg
With flying cables.
-- glennbech

I think the befaco lunchbox power supplies will fit

I think shelving unit would be the best description

you are going to end up with a approximate 1.5" gap in each section at either the top or bottom

to be honest getting some wood from the local diy store (if open!) is cheaper and easier to get the right size for rails etc screwing together etc is pretty easy - rather than getting rails the right size or cutting them yourself - remember you'll also need brackets for the rails so you can screw them to the insides of the shelving unit

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi Glennbech,

Ah okay, understood now :-) Well yes, a fun idea however I agree here with JimHowell1970 that get yourself some wooden panels/plates and build yourself the case might be an easier option.

Anyway, in case you go ahead with the Kallax, then I can't wait for a picture once you have it ready and the modules are mounted :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

I ended up making a box with outer dimensions to fit the Kallax width, and order custom rails for the inner diameter of the box. But, as you might see from the picture, I failed to take into account that the screws would add width. I think this will barely work with "sink in screws".

photo

I don't think I will bother to rack my Mother & Subharmonicon. But start from here for now. The main goal for this rack was to able to play around, tactically / hands-on / no computer. The Grandmother sits on top. Now all I have to do is actually make som music with it.

In this patch I run the Mother through the Spring reverb of the Grandmother and mixes it in. I feel that this is a bit lacking, and will probably add an fx module next. Possibly something simple like the Disting or PicoDSP. My guess is that this case is slightly "underpowered" I have to keep that in mind as well (6U/2000ma).

Hi Glennbech,

Great rack! :-) Now it becomes clear what you mean, except those screws (still ok) it actually looks quite nice, pity the height of Kallax isn't perfectly 9U ;-) So... you cleared your living room wall and put the entire wall full with Kallax and you are now busy with mounting all those rails in it :-) ?

By the way, how many HP is one row in your Kallax?

Have fun with your rack and kind regards, Garfield.

The Kallax shelving unit has four rooms of 64HP width each - leaving 6mm space for 2xPlywood panels. It was a perfect match and it had to be done :-) I've bought "sink in" screws, I suspect I will be able to squeeze the rack in with those screw heads providing resistance to hold it in place without any other support. That is the plan at least :-)

The Rack now has an Erica Synths Pico DSP, so I have now removed my computer from the equation - at least I can play around with the Moog synths without having to hook up my Mac & Logic.