so ...... multiple in's multiple outs, ability to monitor its multiple fv1 chips, and replace them, free fx all free, this is an investment not an unfixable toy ....... IT LOOKS LIKE ONE

Maybe it does...but the fact is that you can look at it from several feet away and be able to tell the basics of whether it's patched correctly or not.

People rip on Tiptop over these colorful jacks. I don't know why. If you've ever programmed a Serge, Buchla, 2700-series Paia, Ciat-Lonbarde, analog computer of most any sort, etc you NEED those multicolors! Same reasons there apply here, too.

Maybe it does...but the fact is that you can look at it from several feet away and be able to tell the basics of whether it's patched correctly or not.

People rip on Tiptop over these colorful jacks. I don't know why. If you've ever programmed a Serge, Buchla, 2700-series Paia, Ciat-Lonbarde, analog computer of most any sort, etc you NEED those multicolors! Same reasons there apply here, too.
-- Lugia

Aesthetically, I don't like the plastic look about them. I do own a Z-DSP(NS), though. It's nice enough. But I don't know if I'd recommend it. It's pretty huge for what it does.

There's something I really do not understand about this module.

Why are the effects individually stored on proprietary memory cards? Couldn't they be stored on a USB drive or an SD card and loaded to internal memory as needed?

Why are the effects individually stored on proprietary memory cards? Couldn't they be stored on a USB drive or an SD card and loaded to internal memory as needed?
-- fabulis

Weirdly, I kinda like this limitation. I like that it’s one-at-time, that they’re sort of a series of little collectibles, and that you can tell by looking what effect is loaded.

That said, you’re probably right that it’s inefficient. 😆

-- fabulis

If they stored them on USB drives or SD cards, they could be easily copied.