I just bought a Disting EX from someone on another modular sales site and my first action was to update the firmware (had 1.7.1 on it and I wanted to update to 1.9). I followed instructions for downloading the latest firmware to the micro sd card and when you power on, you hold the "P" button down. You are provided a list of firmwares on the card to scroll through with the "V" knob and I can see the 1.9 version I downloaded to it. Once highlighted, you're supposed to press the "V" knob to start the install...here is where nothing happens. I've tried a few times now and it doesn't respond to pressing the "V" knob. I've also tried other "V" knob functions like diving into a menu and pressing the "V" knob is supposed to back out of the menu...nothing.

I am meticulously careful with my modular stuff, taking a lot of care when installing, etc...I think this is a valid reason to request a return from the seller and wondering what others thought in this case. I did purchase using PayPal with the 3% fee.

I've bought other stuff from sellers and never had an issue before this...so bummed as I was looking forward to having this in my rack. It works otherwise except for the "V" knob issue...which is a big issue.

JB

I believe Os from Expert Sleepers is very responsive to customer concerns. I know he is active on the Mod Wiggler forum. You should probably try to reach out to him for some guidance.

Os was here yesterday!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Os was here yesterday!!!
-- JimHowell1970

Ha! So he was. Just saw that thread. He seems to be the most responsive and active designer/builder in the industry. I applaud that wholeheartedly.

Emilie is super quick on the mutable forum too!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Hey all...just wanted to let you know that I had reached out to the ModWiggler Disting EX page and sure enough, Mr. Ostler was very quick to respond with a suggested fix which worked perfectly. Was able to update my firmware to 1.9 and now the "V" knob backs out of menus.

In my case a very gentle lever/pry under the knob cab slightly lifted the cap into position (there was a definitive 'slip' upward as I gently lifted it to where you could tell it almost snapped into place).

Very impressed with his responsiveness to my issue...and VERY excited to begin digging in to the Disting EX :)

JB

good news then - have fun!!!