I need help with LL8. After reset (disconnect clock for some seconds and send clock again) it always skip first step in pattern (no trigger out). Is it normal for LL8?

Dim.XL

I don't have a ll8, but is your reset on the 1? try bringing the reset forwards in time a little bit... this is not that uncommon and certainly not limited to the ll8 - 2 events at the same time - particularly a reset and a trigger the reset has priority over the trigger and the trigger gets lost - if you reset before the trigger, then all should work as expected

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

JimHowell1970, Thanks for reply. On II8 there is no reset input. It resets automatically after clock interruption for some seconds to step 1. There is only 1 input - clock in.

I have similar behaviour with the clock - sometimes being one sixteenth off. I normally send triggers by ear and not care too much about the classic positions of where things should be ie kicks on 1, 5, 9, 13 in a 4/4.

Sometimes it works fine though, so I'm presuming turning of and turning on the modular has some form of effect.

In my case all the triggers work though so if its a DIY, it could be a soldering issue

ah in that case what is happening is it probably needs 2 or more triggers in in order to get the tempo... not a lot you can do about it... it's not a bug, it's just an unfortunate 'product feature'... have you tried muting the clock instead of pulling the patch cable? this may help... but also may not

Pams does this too to some extent when I restart the clock it judders slightly - I work around it by starting the clock in logic slightly before I want Pams to actually start kicking out triggers etc

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks. I have factory made LL8 so seems not soldering issue.
Ans yes, I too use "send triggers by ear" way ) I plan to use 1 trig out of ll8 for some pre programmed light indication of 1st step (led? ).

There is no problem, it's a product specification.
Manual says,
Connect clock input of the LL8 to a clock signal from a sequencer or LFO and the sequencer will start running. If the sequencer does not receive a clock signal for a few seconds, it jumps back to the first step of the sequence and waits until the clock continues.

I need help with LL8. After reset (disconnect clock for some seconds and send clock again) it always skip first step in pattern (no trigger out). Is it normal for LL8?

Dim.XL
-- DIMXL