Is this just an alternative panel for the original module?

a|x

I'm also wondering about the details !

Given the age of this thread you may already know that this is a V2 of the original BI - 2 hp slimmer, a couple of extra CV inputs for Skin/Liquid (new)/Metal texture selection and Bass/Alto/Treble range. IIRC the knobs are attenuators now, not offsets.

Gotta say... this is a fun module, but has A LOT of hype around "the gate trick". Owned it for a while, and despite the fun factor, it sounded brittle/digital/harsh in many applications. That may make it perfect for you... but it became an interesting and expensive trick for me. Had to move on. May buy again one day... but not missing it much.

It's a fun module. But I've found it hard to incorporate with other sounds as it always seems to want to dominate everything around it. It has some unique and inspiring qualities... but trying to put a saddle on it and ride it around is pretty difficult.

I just got mine, and I agree with the others. This thing is a monster alpha male. I think I'll find uses for it. I think it's a good augmentation to my setup because I mostly use Plaits and Peaks for percussion up to now. I have tried to shy away from one trick pony modules. I also think my Muxlicer and Percall will help augment and tame this beast. I'm generally either in pounding beats or all the way in the other direction doing generative ambient. Interesting times.

this user has left ModularGrid

Hell yeah! The BIA is one of the greatest modules ever made for eurorack. Especially when you modulate and sequence the gates and CV it really comes to life. Here is a quick jam that I made with mine recently that shows what it can do.

By the way, did you know that Kris Kaiser of Noise Engineering uses the same Winter Modular Eloquencer sequencer with her BIA stuff?