Hi, wondering if anybody else from the states is having issues with shipment from Control? I orderd a Ts-L from them...will be three weeks ago tomorrow.

The tracking number they provided says "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" with no updates. Emailed them last week about it and they said "Your order was packed, shipped and picked up by USPS on 09/24 — the same day the order was placed."

Called USPS and they said "unfortunately we must wait for this package to arrive as it's coming as first class out of NY and we could see some major delays for it."

I mean, I get that there may be some delays, but this is shipping first class...just wondered if others have had such a delay with any shipment from Control.

JB

I ordered a QuantiZer from them on Wed. Sept 15 and it arrived the following Monday. Since the pandemic I don't expect packages to arrive on time but I do remember Control sending out a couple of emails about how the pandemic affected them.

You don't list your country of origin (edit: after re-reading your post, I think you're in the US?) so that could be a huge factor. Priority is above first class. Beginning October 1st, crony and unexperienced puppet USPS Post Master General Louis Dejoy is slowing down first class mail. Read about the shitshow here. Also, it's possible in rare scenarios that the package is on its way but hasn't been scanned. The other week I received a package that was scanned once it arrived at the origin facility and then wasn't scanned again until it arrived at my doorstep.

I would call Control and try to figure out the situation. Maybe it was suppose to go out and didn't.

This has been fairly common in my experience since this time last year. Waited just over a month for a package shipped USPS from one state away. I think Control may even have a disclaimer on their website about this exact thing, at least they did for a few months. I’m even having shipping headaches with FedEx often as well.
DeJoy f’ed up the post office, and the best most of us can do is be patient. 99.99% of the time, it’s not the merchants fault.
Hang in there, and good luck!

I ordered a QuantiZer from them on Wed. Sept 15 and it arrived the following Monday

Dang that is fast…lucky you :)

I would call Control and try to figure out the situation. Maybe it was suppose to go out and didn't.
-- catwavez

I have emailed them and they said it was boxed and shipped the same day I ordered it (9/24) so I guess I just need to be more patient

JB

This has been fairly common in my experience since this time last year. Waited just over a month for a package shipped USPS from one state away.

It’s interesting though as it must be certain parts of the country that are affected more than others…I have packages arriving from Patchworks and Void Modular that I ordered just a little over a weeks ago arriving tomorrow

Hang in there, and good luck!

That’s about all I can do at this point :) just wanted to see if others were indeed feeling the pain too

JB

I made the unfortunate mistake of confusing UPS with USPS when ordering from Control, shipment took 4 weeks to arrive into Australia. Disclaimer on Control's website does state that there is significant delays with USPS.

Interestingly when I contacted AU post they told me that the USPS tracking isn't accurate, and items are not actually scanned at each port, instead you’re given a 'projected' date and time items go through each sorting facility, so in essence once your shipment is picked up by USPS it disappears into the ether until it lands on your doorstep...

I made the unfortunate mistake of confusing UPS with USPS when ordering from Control, shipment took 4 weeks to arrive into Australia. Disclaimer on Control's website does state that there is significant delays with USPS.

I am in the US and it will be three weeks tomorrow...hoping to hit the mail box and have three deliveries show up at the same time :)

JB

Unfortunately, Control says my modular shipment has been lost and that they have to refund my money. Not a happy camper

JB

A note about overseas purchases via USPS...

DON'T use the USPS for any overseas shipping. We're STILL currently experiencing the various problems caused by Trump's Postmaster General's dismantling of the USPS because...well, Fred Durst said it succinctly: "Break Stuff". But our "First Class" these days is more akin to making sure things arrive AT ALL.

Simply put: use UPS, FedEx, DHL, whatever you want, because the USPS will get things there whenever they damn well feel like it now. Not reliable with anything of significant value!

A note about overseas purchases via USPS...

DON'T use the USPS for any overseas shipping. We're STILL currently experiencing the various problems caused by Trump's Postmaster General's dismantling of the USPS because...well, Fred Durst said it succinctly: "Break Stuff". But our "First Class" these days is more akin to making sure things arrive AT ALL.

Simply put: use UPS, FedEx, DHL, whatever you want, because the USPS will get things there whenever they damn well feel like it now. Not reliable with anything of significant value!
-- Lugia

I won't use it even in the US now...this order was from Control (in New York) to be delivered to central US.

JB

this user has left ModularGrid

Yeah I had bad slow experiences in the past with ordering stuff from Control. Since I am on the west coast here in California and they are in NYC may explain it. I try to order from Patch Werks in Seattle or DM and usually get stuff way faster. Had bad service experience with Control as well they were supposed to send me a replacement cable for one of the modules I bought a while back and never did that!

Well, for what it's worth I just ordered some faceplates from Control and got them in maybe just slightly over a week?

I am more generally finding, like others in the US, that USPS is pretty slow lately, though I've been fortunate enough not to have the epic waits some are reporting above. I order at least something or other weekly for eurorack, be it from Perfect Circuit, Control, Reverb, or elsewhere, and haven't had a waiting time of more than maybe two weeks on anything from within the US.

I always ship my own Reverb sales via UPS. Maybe I should emphasize that in my listings more, since it's an extra cost that I eat and it seems to be more reliable. Which definitely isn't to say that UPS never has delays or issues of their own, but I feel like it's a better option, and the UPS store by me is much less unpleasant to stop in at than the local post office.

As for ordering from outside the US though, you're lucky if you can get around USPS. The costs to ship internationally via UPS are way over the top. I assume that's true with FedEx as well.

Another data point, for what it's worth: I ordered from Detroit Modular and Perfect Circuit when the Hallowe'en sales were announced on the evening of Oct 27. Detroit Modular free shipping was via USPS, which arrived the morning of Oct 30. It is Nov 1, and the Perfect Circuit order (also free shipping, but FedEx) is crawling across the country, currently in Iowa.

I know that Postmaster General DeLay is trying to ruin USPS, but if we stop using it, he will win.

So.e time ago i ordered a module from central and it took nearly2 months to arrive in denmark

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

I have ordered a bunch, in the last few months from all over the US (I am US based), perfect circuit, detroit modular, control, sweetwater, chuck levins, and everything has arrived. I used the default shipping (whatever was marked as free) and honestly haven't paid too much attention, some things have been delayed a few days here and there but I always got what I paid for. While I can be as impatient as the next guy, frankly these are luxury items that have always arrived independent of what was used for shipping. This reminds me of the airline argument when people claim they will never fly again because only to find that in an imperfect world things just sometimes happen and all carriers can and will be at fault. I recently got a module from one of the vendors above all nicely sealed that clearly had rack rash, made a simple inquiry and got a new panel shipped from the manufacturer. My only gripe comes when something doesn't arrive/doesn't work or isn't as described and there is any issue getting a refund or a new item resent, luckily for me I haven't had this issue ever, I must be one of the lucky ones. International shipping can be a different issue as customs is quite a mess, though I have ordered a few things internationally and haven't had an issue here other than longer shipping times.

Here's an interesting anecdote: I placed two orders with Perfect Circuit over the last two weeks, both of similar size and with the free shipping option from California to Ohio. One was shipped FedEx on October 29, the other was shipped USPS on November 3. Both are scheduled for delivery today (November 5).
I guess the moral of the story is that shipping is unpredictable at best since the pandemic began, and everything will eventually find its way to you regardless of the carrier.

I quit buying from Control in NYC after they took forever to ship items and screwed me on a bad cable that they lied and said would replace. Plus when I spoke to them they had major attitude, and were rude to me on the phone. Screw them!

I quit buying from Control in NYC after they took forever to ship items and screwed me on a bad cable that they lied and said would replace. Plus when I spoke to them they had major attitude, and were rude to me on the phone. Screw them!
-- sacguy71

I would have to agree with you that they have a rude attitude...I even sensed it in the email replies that they sent to me when I was inquiring about my order that they screwed up. They did refund my money and happened to be the only place where I could find a Rackbrute 3U for a decent price...they did give me free shipping on that but I won't order from them anymore.

Its such a complete opposite customer service feeling I get when I deal with Patchwerks...those guys go above and beyond to make sure i'm happy with whatever I order from them...they are my go to now

JB

Glad to see that I’m not alone with problems buying from Control in NYC. I like the folks at Patchwerks and Detroit Modular. Knowledgeable, friendly and fast shipping. I’ve also had fast service from Perfect Circuit and Analogue Haven Shawn has a lot of hard to find modules and is helpful with my questions.

Glad to see that I’m not alone with problems buying from Control in NYC. I like the folks at Patchwerks and Detroit Modular. Knowledgeable, friendly and fast shipping. I’ve also had fast service from Perfect Circuit and Analogue Haven Shawn has a lot of hard to find modules and is helpful with my questions.
-- sacguy71

Agree 100% on DM, PC, and AH...in fact, after Control admitted (4weeks later) that they screwed up my order of a Ts-L, I ordered one from Analogue Haven and it came three days later! Great experience with Analogue Haven as well as Detroit Modular and Perfect Circuit.

JB

Yeah Shawn at AH and Nels at DM are super helpful, patient and great to buy from. I am trying to solve an issue on my new Make Noise Shared System right output jack not sending audio to my mixer correctly and they have been helpful.