Hello all,

I have an OXI ONE on the way, but its 8 cv outputs are an awkward -3/+5v. I'd like to scale and offset these voltages to +/-5v, and have access to +/-9.5v. I'd like full range at the +/-5v, but I don't need the full range at +/-9.5v -- in other words if I'm at -9.5v I don't need to be able to oscillate all the way up to +9.5v.

Erogenous tones cv8 is super straighforward and does what I need... except amplification.

2x tiptop Miso is super cost effective but again, doesn't apply any gain.

Adding 8 amplifiers to either of those solutions becomes very expensive, so what I'm looking at is either 2x blinds, 2x veils, or 1x blinds + 1x veils. This offers 8 channels of cv offset/amplification/attenuation/cascaded mixing (and bonus inversion OR lin/exp behavior) for around 400 USD. Is there any better way to do this or have I found the best prebuilt solution I'm going to find?

EDIT: 2x MISO + 2x Synthrotek MIXIV is similar price and hp to 2x veils or blinds, but if costs are the same I think the MI modules would provide a bit more functionality.

2*veils - all 8 channels will amplify by up to 20dB & have offsets in the new version i believe

the amplification on blinds is related to the cv input so you'd also need a fixed voltage higher than 1v to get past unity gain - unless you wanted to buy 4 and use every other channel as an offset - see the manual

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thank you for the advice! Quick question though. I can't seem to confirm if Veils' primary inputs are normalled to a fixed voltage. If they are not, I'd need to provide one to get the result I'm looking for (as I understand it).

the new version has an offset, this will almost definitely do what you want - checked the manual - it seems to only be a +ve offset

to convert -3/+5v to 0/8v you would apply a +3v offset - possibly you'll want some way to monitor this, although for modulation maybe not necessary

to then to then get to 0/10v you want to amplify by 1.25 - again possibly you'll want a way to monitor

then a simple inverter will get you to -10/0v - I use a malekko invert mix to do this, which is a small and

I don't think there's any 1 module that will get you all the way there for 8 channels - but then again, you probably don't need 8 channels of -10/0v

I don't think I would need that many channels of -10/0v modulation (& I've got 1600+hp)

another option might be 3 happy nerding 3*mia - I think each channel can invert and amplify

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Two Ladik A-520 (quad line->Eurorack boost) and two 3xMIA will get you six channels in 20hp for about $250. Add a third 3xMIA if you want all eight. But honestly I'd wait and see what you really need in practice, or get one A-520 (or an A-525, two in either direction) and one 3xMIA, both of which will have many other uses.