https://www.modulargrid.net/e/twisted-electrons-cells

Hello,

Is this module to save and recall offsets by the means of touch pads?
In any case, could you show other options in the eurorack modular realm for the same application, possibly in smaller HP room?

Best regards,
FM

Not sure what you mean by 'offsets' here. Each pad stores a voltage value (actually two) which then can be played back in arpeggiator or sequence fashions. If you want to sequence the pitch of an osc or add an offset to a CV coming from (and going to) somewhere else is up to you. Did you watch the demo on its homepage?

@wiggler55550: thanks for the interest

offsets simply are “fixed” control voltages, we deal with them all time long within modular synthesis. For instance, you set the pitch knob of an oscillator to 12 'oclock, you don't move it anymore: you just set an offset; then you might want to control the pitch, of the notes the VCO will play, by means of a keyboard or capacitance plates (probably similar to the ones of this Cells module), so you will send a different offset to the VCO each time you play a different note of the keyboard.

I try to explain my need.
I will purchase Intellijel uScale II, it features a Shift Input which accept voltages in order to obtain 3 functions: (a) to navigate among the pre-stored scales, (b) to shift the interval note, (c) to shift the tonal note. Adopting fluctuating voltages (any cv source controllable by the means of a pot) I couldn't skip values and go immediately & exactly to the desired scale, interval, tonal note. Hence, pre-stored offsets are essentials to this kind of application.

It seems this module might make the grade: to store voltages (offsets) and to recall them by the means of capacitance plates, Sequencer might be engaged as well, though not necessarily. My only doubt concerns the HP width of this module, referring to my need, otherwise it is cool wide.

Sorry, I didn't even notice there's a video, I will watch it, thanks.

Best

I don't have personal experience with Cells but it should easily do the job, and a lot more. Unless you specifically require that 'more' you may want to consider getting a sequencer (or even a mixer) and a quantizer, both of them cheap and simple. The combo would do the job of 'sequencing the sequence' plus be applicable to other diverse tasks. Just a thought.