Add, remove, change out etc, all sensible views welcome! mainly used for soundscape / ambient / disonnant
Modest rig

Make some patches!

Mutable Instruments - TipTop Audio - Intellijel - Noise Engineering - Doepfer - WMD-SSF

Noob question for you--how do you plan to power this bad boy?

Add, remove, change out etc, all sensible views welcome! mainly used for soundscape / ambient / disonnant
Modest rig
-- Botty

Ditch the dual mother 32s and get yourself some AJH modules instead; more expensive but a much more beautiful and interesting proposition in the long term.

@johnnyapolis

This eurorack is my actual rig not just a plan.

I have this case from doepfer

Thanks @chaosnick,
I'm thinking about ditching one of the M32s anyway, the AJH modules look interesting; thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks @chaosnick,
I'm thinking about ditching one of the M32s anyway, the AJH modules look interesting; thanks for the heads-up.

-- Botty

They make some of the best sounding, well thought out, and well constructed modules in all of eurorack. I have one VCO by them and it sounds better than just about any other VCO out there. Their ring mod SM is probably one of the most excellent modules out there. Not sure where you live but they're a particular steal for those of us in the USA at the moment if you order from a European source (namely Juno records) due to the insanely good exchange rate.

@chaosnick

Food for thought indeed! I was just checking out your rack; a refreshingly non-standard mix of modules! DAWless?

What type of music do you make?

@chaosnick

Food for thought indeed! I was just checking out your rack; a refreshingly non-standard mix of modules! DAWless?

What type of music do you make?
-- Botty

Thanks; lots of trial and error/bought and sold you don't see and I've tried to avoid hype and just figure out for myself what is best. That includes both current and future--I have about 2/3 of what you see there, the other 1/3 is tentatively planned. I just use Logic for recording and minor post processing, but otherwise I find computers annoying and not conducive to music.

Here's some stuff: https://soundcloud.com/chaosnick
Some live modular:

Proper youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/c/nickhchaos/videos

@chaosnick

Interesting work sir; an eccletic mix! the introduction of a Spanish guitar was unexpected but cool.

My background is as a guitar player, synths are new to me in 2016.

https://soundcloud.com/p8514

Nice--I only owned my first in 2016. Where do you live? I heard something of a jazz background in there? I'm jazz but from a more acoustic/flamenco perspective..Paco de Lucia, Al di Meola and John Mclaughlin were my earliest musical heroes. I'm still the only person I've met who's gone from non-electric guitar to synths..

@chaosnick

Yeah that is a leap! especially going straight from the nylon strings to the dangerous Euro 'crack' habit.

On the guitar side of things my influences would be mainly Wes Montgomery, Pat Martino and Robben ford. I'm also familiar with the players you've listed (Friday Night in San Francisco)

I've also had a long time interest in electronic music that I simply had to finally indulge. Partly due to the frustration of no longer having time to play in bands, so I needed something I could do on my own at home.

I'm still a synth noob, but it's been great fun to start over with this new mysterious pandora's box of an instrument!

I'm based in London.

Well, I went from a MicroKorg to Eurorack in the span of 1.5 years :)
Yeah, I can hear that. Pat Martino is a crazy guy, especially how he lost his memory for awhile. I almost had a chance to see him play a few times. His playing is a bit clean for my tastes Always like to catch some of those legends when I've been in NYC at some of those storied clubs.

The thing is, modular is the thing that feels most like a physical instrument to me..also, it's mathematical, and my job and academic background is in the sciences, so it feels quite a natural blend to me. It's the intersection of physics and music. Been interested in non-linearity for many years.

Lucky you, all my electronic influences are British, basically, much better culture for it there--I'd place Aphex Twin just below Miles Davis in terms of influence..

@chaosnick

"The intersection of physics and music" plus some guitar skills, I like the way you think! perhaps some kind of future collaboration?

I've been busy switching out stuff over Xmas, here is my v2 rig.
v2

Sure!

See how it works out, you can change things out at will/buy and sell.