For reference / correction:

The SSM2044 VCF / ENV listed in the top row of the New Europeans is not fully correct. I have a DIY dual SSM2044 that I made in 2005, in that position. The SSM2044 / ENV module was the only SSM2044 module that I could find in the grid.

• Ryk

here's a dual ssm2044:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/neutron-sound-duofonik-diy

Thank you for the link to the dual, Mopoco! I'll drop it in for the moment until I take a photo of my own module and upload it to my modular on here. The Neutron Sound one will be a little closer to what my implementation actually is.

(I should actually photo a few of the DIY panels, to more accurately represent my modular as well.)

Ryk

you're welcome, but maybe you can actually help me out here. the reason i knew about that dual ssm is that i am up to build the neutron.
i already got the pcb and some of the components but i am having trouble finding the ssm chips from a trustfull source.
i asked doepfer and Dieter answered me, but unfortunately they have to keep their stash for servicing/repairs...
where did you get your chips?
cheers,
robert

Hey Robert. :)

Damn. How many SSM2044's do you need? 2? I DO have 1 spare in an SSM2044 DIY board that was sent to me as a gift back in the later 90's. I never HAVE attached it to a panel.
Back in the later 90's I had purchased 25, as I was building modulars for other customers up til '98. I lost a LOT of parts from a former girlfriend who through a lot of my stuff out when we split up in 2006. I DO have the 1 spare though that I could fire off.
But you need 2 don't you?