I'm about half way saved up for this system: ModularGrid Rack

The idea is to have a self-contained performance system that can range from booty shaking music to rhythmic noice. I figure between the Metropolis, Trigger Riot, and the uStep, I'm good for sequencing and modulation sources, not counting the LFOs from the Atlantis and the Tidal Wave.

I plan on doing this in two waves. The upper 3u (main synth voice and sequencer plus effects) will be first. Then the bottom 3u (drum sequencer + voices, Tidal Wave - mostly for envelope/filter/etc, but also as a secondary voice, and a mixer) will come toward the end of the year.

It's all pretty straight forward, but I can't help shake the feeling I'm missing something.

Thanks for any input.

Why Trigger Riot?
Look into Triggerman.

Why Atlantis?
Look into Shapeshifter, Function, and a filter.

The Trigger Man looks pretty cool. I had never heard of it. The Delptronic drum modules look pretty great, too. Main reason I am looking at the Trigger Riot is easy polyrythmic sequences, both for triggering drums and for modulation. Looks like the Trigger Man can do a lot of the same thing.

Atlantis... basically because I'm lazy and it's a complete voice.

An alternative setup I was looking at before was the ALM Sid Guts Deluxe. I have a Sid Station that I really love, but hate the menu-diving. That would free up some room for a Function/Maths. And all of that would free up room for a Pressure Points (and some other utility modules), which is something I was wanting to add down the line.

Thanks for the suggestions. Gives me something to think about.

Utility modules are key. Good thinking.

Try to limit your initial modules to 8hp to maximize number of modules. Look into Doepfer stuff as well. Always great.

ModularGrid Rack

So, here's the updated version.

I made a lot of room by switching to the Delptronics sequencer and drum voices. Filled up that space with a Pressure Points and a Shifty... though the Shifty might be under-used with only 2 synth voices.

Swapped the Atlantis for a Quadnic and SEM and Maths. The Quadnic might end up being great with the Shifty, but I admittedly don't have my head totally wrapped around what the Quadnic can do, just that it's a really cool waveform osc that has a ton of depth.

An alternate that I'm also curious about is replacing the Quadnic and SEM with a Doepfer A-111-4 (4 VCO) and maybe a Wasp filter.

EDIT: Changed some stuff around. Sid Guts + Beast's Chalkboard, keeping the Tidal Wave.

EDIT EDIT: Keep making changes.