Hello,

Finally ! I’m making my first eurorack.

My current setup is : roland TR 8, system 1, tb 3, mx1, and a yamaha CS 5 :D
And as my dad is fond of synthesizers (but dont have the time to use it), he recently bought a moog 55 (from 2015). it will be delivered within a month.

The case I like is the Arturia 6U.
So here is the setup i imagined :

Eurorack setup

Im not sure about including a sequencer. I think getting a Beatstep pro is a better idea so I can use it for other synth, and still have free space in the rack ?

Would this setup fit in my current collection ?

I never used a moog 55 yet, and I dont know if it makes sense to have this small eurorack setup, or if it will be a duplicate.
Maybe I should orient the eurorack setup towards more pads/space / noise sounds , with Mutable instruments modules ?

Thanks for your help !

Seems to be lacking LFOs and modulation sources. Get one or two LFOs and throw in an Expert Sleepers Disting for experimentation. You have basic sequencing covered in your MIDI to CV converter if you have a DAW or hardware MIDI sequencer. Granted there are other uses for Eurorack sequencers other than triggering notes.

It's not a bad set-up as is. You seem to have plenty of room for expansion. I'd try using it with the Moog 55 for a couple of months and then analyze your own set-up for what seems to be lacking or what other areas you'd like to explore.

Have a plan for expansion, but don't be afraid to alter it as you learn more and realize your own style and themes.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer !

Yes I forgot to put a LFO ! Actually I had to do again the rack because I clicked on "optimize rack space" and it removed a lot of modules ...
Thanks for the name of your LFO, I thought about putting an Octasource from Erica Synths, what do you think about this one ? Or should I get a simple LFO like a Quad LFO from Doepfer ?

Thanks a lot for your advice ! I can't wait ... !

The Disting is a multi-function module. It can do LFOs, but I wouldn't depend on it as a primary source for LFOs.

There are many dedicated LFOs out there. Which one to select is entirely up to your own tastes. A simple LFO is direct and easy to use. You can go more complex like Xaoc's Batumi with a Poti expander for example. More complex LFOs allow you to restart the LFO's cycle and/or sync them to a clock source. You may also find others with additional or different features.

Your Maths has input channels that will allow you to attenuate or even invert the LFO (attenuverter)... channels 2 and 3 can do that for you without running through the slew aspects of channels 1 and 4. But you may want to have at least one dedicated attenuverter if you want to use the Maths for a different set of functions.

I have the Xaoc Batumi and like it... but you may want to explore other options as its a bit on the expensive side.