hi modular freaks,

To all the Rainmaker owners: Is your module also quite noisy when turned to wet, even without something plugged into the inputs?

Greets to every1!
Arne

Hey,
I have the same 'problem'. I don't know if it's normal...but i feel it's to much.
Did you find a solution meantime?

Hi guys,

I have the same problem, its highest at 114hz almost -7db, using uZeus, did anyone find the solution in the meantime?
Cheers
Bane

Ok...so...Meanwhile I changed the cables from the module to the mixer with some of the better quality + above the Trigger button there is CLEAR button. Each time you change the preset,or you make some modifications, press Clear to clear the queue. It's way better now but i feel the problem is still not solved 100%. Also try to fix the module in the box as far from the source as you can.
I also exchanged some emails with intelijjel and they think it's from the dry/wet button and they gave me 2 options. 1. They offered to send me a new button to change it by myself..but i don't have the knowledge to do it.
2. Send it back to Schneiders Laden to do it.
They were very professional and easy to communicate.
I hope my post helps somehow...let me know.
Best,
Charlie

Hello, yes, I purchased one of these units at the start of mid April from Thomann and I'm experiencing exactly the same problem.

An annoying and audible noise floor introduced when the DRY/WET knob is turned to WET.

I've tried everything to reduce it, lowering the gain and also clearing the feedback when changing presets - but it still happens.

A little frustrating. I have contacted Intellijel and will update when I have more information.

I don't have one - but maybe it would be a good idea to check what psus you are all using

someone mentioned a uZeus - which is not known for being particularly quiet

try to find someone to test it with either a Doepfer PSU3 - which are generally pretty quiet

so it might be that the rainmaker is particularly susceptible to noise on the power rails

in which case the options are simple - put up with it, get a better psu, get rid of the module

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I've just installed mine in a brand new Intellijel 7u case today and it also has this noise problem when turned all the way to wet. Also from Thomann!

I did not have this problem (sold it anyway). It was powered by my Pittsburgh EP-360. So i guess I was lucky with a functional unit or the Power supply is exceptionally good (got no noise floor at all and my case is nearly full)...