I'm looking at this in particular, there are two dangling / loose cables:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/patches/view/36827

Thanks

Cuz sometimes patching only one input or output has some kind of function. Like, for instance, on the Mother-32, patching only EXT.AUDIO Input without connecting the end of the cable to any output will mute the White Noise on the MIX control which unpatched will gradually increase to maximum Noise when you turn the knob fully clockwise.

In your specific case these "dangling" patch cables obviously has some kind of function. But to be honest, I don't know myself what function patching these specific outputs without connecting the cables to an Input patch point has. But just because you made me aware of this I will now go and try to find it out : )

Maybe someone else knows?

Nothing new about this...the ARP 2600 shipped with several "dummy plugs" back in the day, which were open-circuit 3.5mm plugs without cabling, so that you could use those to completely "break" a prepatched routing, such as the CV sends to the VCOs and VCF. I keep several such 'open' plugs handy for similar uses. Best/easiest way to do these is to just get a few Switchcraft 740s and just use them right out of the bag, without attaching anything to the solder lugs.

Why dummy patches?

I have an Intellijel Morgasmatron dual filter. Both filters can be used discretely. HOWEVER, the FM2 input of filter one is normalled to the FM2 input of filter two. If I don't want the modulation of filter one to affect filter two, I have to connect a dummy patch to the FM2 input of filter two to break the normal.