Hi there!

I'm about to pull the trigger and get my first 6U. I have the Neutron so that is my starting point. I have been exploring for something like a year since I met modular last year. I wanted some recommendations on my sketch and I have not been able to get some on other groups. Here is my sketch:

ModularGrid Rack

My main interest in modular is tamed randomization, quantized polyrhythmic, or not synced sequences, mixed sound sources like analog VCO's with physical modeling, etc. I chose an insert fx module since I have pedals I like to use with synth.

Drums are not in my needs since I prefer boxes for that.

Thanks in advance

prem

You’re not going to do much with the Harmonaigh with that setup and I’d definitely keep the Neutron standalone, are you sequencing from external sources?

Thanks for the answer,

I think the Harmonàig takes cv and spits a 3rd 5th and 7th out isnt? I was thinking to take for example x1 of marbles to the cv in of harmonaig and take the cv outs to other OSCs like osc 1 and 2 of neutron, plonk or other osc from disting mk4. Would that work?

For sequencing, I am relying mainly on Marbles, as I am planning this eurorack as an ambient machine, mainly with the use of controlled randomization, and chance

And the neutron there is mainly as I have it, and to keep things under 2k as a starting point :).

Would that work?

prem

The Harmonaigh gives the intervals from one source but gives a 1v/Oct signal for each so you need four good stable oscillators to get the most from it, you’ll probably find you use the Distings for reverb/delay/mod and controlling mod and you’ll probably want Plonk on percussive more than harmonic duties.Qu-bit’s chord generates it’s own sound for each and with V2 coming out soon the original unit might be pretty affordable(seen a couple on eBay already since NAMM) Quadnic’s got a polyphonic mode too and the wave sequencing mode with this is fantastic but no decent demos really, I’ve got both and if I’d picked up the Quadnic first I probably wouldn’t of bought Chord but I’m glad I’ve got it and doubt I’ll part with it anytime soon if that makes sense. I’ve not tried Marbles so can’t really comment on whether it would stand up to the task of sequencing everything but whilst it’s capabilities are quite exciting I wouldn’t personally want to be without a more traditional sequencer as well.