Tall knob is tall.

no shit

Some amazing sonic possibilities - recommended!

I wonder why so many people have been putting their SMRF (ahahah) on the market :S
I don't own one but it seems lots of fun!

I wonder why so many people have been putting their SMRF (ahahah) on the market :S
-- Tazio

There is now a software version available for 1/5 th of the price at softube.com

-- Tazio

There is now a software version available for 1/5 th of the price at softube.com

-- gbraakman

All things being equal, there is a software version of everything, everywhere. That is not the point, if we wanted to be software jockey's, we would not be here. If you want to play with software, download Audulus -- it does everything and everything well.

Regardless, I had one for a brief period and it's a neat module. However I like Verbos stuff and have a BARK filter which does more or less the same thing, minus the internal features of the SMR. The reason I sold mine was because I found it to be a bit cumbersome to work with. I personally am not a huge fan of 4ms, which is not to say that they don't make great stuff, just not my type of stuff.

-- Tazio

i originally put one in my imaginary system. it's an interesting effect, but really one dimensional. it really only makes one kind of "ringing tone" compared to the SICK cylonix shapeshifter wavetable voice by intellijel or rossum's equally sick morpheus z-plane filter which can do a lot more, tonally, than SMR as far as filters go.

sure... "toy xylophone" is an interesting sound, but would you want to use it on EVERY SONG? LOL