What is it?

The ModularGrid Marketplace is an area where private persons can trade their modules. The Marketplace is also tightly integrated in ModularGrids search engine and lets you run complex searches on offers via the Module Browser. A convenient notify function alerts you if someone offers a module you desire.

Unique Features

• The Marketplace is integrated in ModularGrids search engine. Not only can you search for a modules name, you can also do a more abstract search for a 8HP oscillator in Europe.
  • You don't have to scan the database everyday when you are interested in a certain module. A convenient notify function informs you when someone offers a module you fancy.
  • It's free.

How does it work?

Find

• Search for modules you are interested in on the Marketplace page. Filter by region.
  • You can also use the Module Browser to do a more detailed search. E.G. search for an 8HP Oscillator in Australia. Enable the Available in Marketplace drop down in the advanced search options to do that.
  • All offers are also displayed on the corresponding Module Detail Pages.

Notify

On the Module Detail Pages you can make use of the Notify function for a specific module. You will get an email if someone offers a module you are interested in.
You can set your country in the user settings, so you only will get offers in your continent.

Buy

• Visit the Offer Detail Page to read more about the module.
  • If you like it, contact the seller via the Contact seller button.
  • From here on it's on your behalf to discuss payment options, shipping and the like. ModularGrid does not cover that.

Sell

• Visit the Module Detail Page of a module you'd like to sell.
  • Click Offer on Marktplace and fill out the form.
  • After you sold the module please mark it as sold on the Offer Detail Page or on your User Profile page.
  • You can always delete an offer, if you have changed your mind.

Good Traders on the Marketplace

If you did a successful trade add your business partner to the Good Traders on the Marketplace thread.
That will build up trust and reputation over time.

Prerequisites

• To be able to list your modules on the Marketplace you need a regular ModularGrid membership. Anonymous accounts do not work.
  • You have to be a member since at least 3 months.
  • You can offer a maximum of 10 modules at a time

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Awesome! Looking forward to using it.

Fantastic!

Might be worth considering adding some additional "verifications" and a "feedback" loop but this is a great start.

Verifications could range from Paypal xfer to connecting a 3rd party account like MW to creating a way more complex verified ID (eek: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/450)

Feedback could range from a simple rating, score, comments, to reporting a buyer/seller. Thanks for working on this, the notification feature is gonna be handy. Hope it can be kept simple and people honest. :)

i would like to buy or sell with unicorn members only :)!

regular ModularGrid membership should include some sort of social media link
because they are still pretty anonymous :(

also could you include a "sale feedback" so i know how past transactions went with that user

great idea nice to see this happen
i would become a unicorn member for better selling/buying purposes
i agree a feedback score and verification of some kind of who you are and who your selling to
also,a way to put up images unless you can already do that
but all in all you done a good thing here

A feedback system will come. I am thinking about verification, too, but that is hard to layout.
I won't limit the usage to Unicorns, because everyone should be able to test the Marketplace.
People actually have to put stuff on it to make it interesting.

At the moment I tried to make it as easy and flexible as possible, so many things are missing or feeling not quite polished.
If the Marketplace will be used in the future for sure there will be a lot of upgrades and some Unicorn enhancements too.

-- MarsFace

No image uploads, but you should be able to embed images and videos via the markdown syntax.

-- MarsFace

No image uploads, but you should be able to embed images and videos via the markdown syntax.

-- modulargrid

ok thanks,was going to link a fly by vid of modules I've put up for sale.
(BSOD says my hard drives on the way out so don't want to mess with individual pic at the moment in case laptop goes down)

Very cool, but didn't see any way to sell cases. Will that be an option in the future?

This might come. Currently everything is tied to modules, because that's the way the database works.

happy to report the selling 3 modules,one of which got to its new owner today and the other 2 are on their way to a new master in norway.
i'm very pleased with how this is working out

nice!! and lots better here than on muffs...

This is soo cool! I put some modules for test and i find the UI easy to use.
A bit cash strapped ATM, but es soon as i'm liquid again i'll try the notifications when searched for modules go up for sale.

I'm as well in favor of a feedback/rating system for sellers.
In the meantime, can we make a "Good Trader" thread in the forum?

A Eurocrack Pusher: "The first time is for free" ;)

In the meantime, can we make a "Good Trader" thread in the forum?

-- bj_gzp

Good Trader thread is a great idea! Find it here:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/563

Thanks for setting the thread up and explaining the @ function.

Maybe it already enough to just add the rating system used for the modules to the user accounts as well?
Rating each transaction is probably more complicated to implement?

I have another request: Can you make 2 regions for Europe, EU and Non-EU?
If you have 3 regions for the Americas, i think we can have 2 for Europe :)
For the customs it is the same if i import a module from CH or US ...

There is something that bugs me...

I wish we could put our Cases, PSU and Cables to sell too... This would be pretty cool too. Cases, PSU and Cables are also part (and most important) of Eurorack.

One thing that's easy to implement and would be also interesting in my opinions is to have a "Want to Buy / Looking to Buy" part that would allow users to ask for a module they want and someone do an offer. This would be MUCH WIN.

What you think :)?

Cases, PSU and Cables are also part (and most important) of Eurorack.

no doubt about that.

One thing that's easy to implement and would be also interesting in my opinions is to have a "Want to Buy / Looking to Buy" part that would allow users to ask for a module they want and someone do an offer. This would be MUCH WIN.

What you think :)?
-- AThousandDetails

you mean to add a generic module called Want to buy? That will look very makeshift but interesting idea... somebody already uploaded a wallet module :)
There will be some issues like it's not possible to search in offers and it will be easy to pollute the marketplace with random junk. Also the question if a Quasimidi Raven belongs to Euro or MU
Let me think that through, I am not sure if this idea is bad or genius...

you mean to add a generic module called Want to buy? That will look very makeshift but interesting idea... somebody already uploaded a wallet module :)
There will be some issues like it's not possible to search in offers and it will be easy to pollute the marketplace with random junk. Also the question if a Quasimidi Raven belongs to Euro or MU
Let me think that through, I am not sure if this idea is bad or genius...

-- modulargrid

No that would be genius in a way indeed, but also super messy and pollute the DB as HELL. The thing is We have a Marketplace to put our items on sale and people browse and see if someone is selling something interesting. You could add another "page" "section" "area" that would be Want To Buy where users would as they put modules to sell, make requests to someone sell them an item. Many times you see someone saying "looking for X Module" and you have it and you kinda think... well i don't use much, perhaps i'm going to sell it to this guy who is looking for it.
So The Marketplace would be 2 different sections, the actual one would become For Sale and a new one "Want to Buy" where users can request. This actually makes it a true Marketplace. When you go shopping many times you ask "Do you have this item on stock?" because you don't see it or anything else... Same here :) (for example right now i would like to buy a used Intelli Shapeshifter if anyone is willing to sell it).

As for the Racks, Cables, PSU/Power... It's kinda easy for Cables as you only have 4/5 brands and dif sizes. As for PSU it's the same... true you have some PSU Modules like 4MS Power 40 or Synthros Deluxe 5A... but there are also Intelli bus+power, make noise, doepfer A100 PSU, Clicks and Clocks A100 Psu, etc... there are some options but not that much. (Once again i have 3 Click and Clock PSU to sell and it would make my job easier to have a place like the market place, instead of having to put inside a module for sale that I have more stuff to sell). I lost a huge deal on Stackcables because i saw the ad from the guy, but didn't notice the "other stuff"... The poor guy wanted to sell Stackcables and had to do it inside a module he was selling... If he had a right section or item created in DB to sell it... It would've been super easy.

As for the cases... it's too hard. There are generic brand ones... like Ginko, Elite, Enclave, Doepfer... but the custom made and stuff it's impossible.

Let me know what you think :)

Sellers please stop bumping your entries to make them float unless you change the price in your ad.
The reason nobody buys is most likely because you are selling them at 5% less then the retail price not because they sink to the bottom of the list.

Actually can we block this unless the price is updated?

Sorry for the rant :P

Sure Tazio... What would be the interest of selling a module -5% of it's original price?

Unfortunately the problem is not bumping or anything else... It lacks some better organization IMHO... But well it's just my 2cents... And yes ofc it does affect if your module is on the last page or on the first page up top.

:)

If you have 3 regions for the Americas, i think we can have 2 for Europe :)
For the customs it is the same if i import a module from CH or US ...
-- bj_gzp

I second this.

.. And yes ofc it does affect if your module is on the last page or on the first page up top.

:)
-- AThousandDetails

If your module is on my want list I'll find. Promise.
Everyone else can, too, via the Module Finder (Modules) + Available in the Marketplace

I don't know why as a matter of fact. I ALWAYS sell my modules at 30% less of what I paid them ;)

The region filter seems a nice idea!

-- bj_gzp

I can not find the right term. Non-Eu would also be Hongkong.
I have renamed Europe to EU and have added Switzerland to the list.
That is not the most universal but practical solution to me since we have many swiss users so they deserve their extra status.
Sorry I needed one year for that

Honestly, how do you call european countries which are not in the EU?

Honestly, how do you call european countries which are not in the EU?
-- modulargrid
Europe (non-EU)?

it might be a good idea to clean out older offers. every time i contacted a seller for a module ad thats older than 2 month, they either never replied or told me that its been sold long time.
those who don't sell their stuff within 2 month can relist and rethink their pricing.

it might be a good idea to clean out older offers.
-- ghee hgt

We have that feature already! Sellers get a message after 2 or 3 month, if they don't BUMP the offer, it will be deleted automatically some days later.

hi,

i pay for an article that never arrive, the guy send me a wrong tracking number after to weeks.

he still have the module available

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tiptop-audio-rs808

not sure if here the proper way to report this

Sorting modules after Module Name doesn't seem to work properly - at least not when I'm trying to. Some are sorted correctly, some not. Personally, I would prefer the option to sort primarily after Manufacturer, and secondarily after Model. =)

As a complement for the page buttons (1, 2, 3, etc) I would very much like a Show All button. This way I can use the web browser's search function to quickly find what I'm looking for.

Sorting modules after Module Name doesn't seem to work properly - at least not when I'm trying to.

Thanks for reporting. I did a fix. Modules are ordered by their names now.

Some are sorted correctly, some not. Personally, I would prefer the option to sort primarily after Manufacturer, and secondarily after Model. =)

That is a bit complicated in the marketplace list.
But you can do that in the module browser! E.G.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/browser?SearchMarketplace=3&SearchShowothers=1&order=manuf&direction=asc

That link shows you all modules from the marketplace sold in Europe ordered by manufacturer. You can use the standard search elements to specify the search, e.g. show all 8HP VCAs sold in USA.

As a complement for the page buttons (1, 2, 3, etc) I would very much like a Show All button. This way I can use the web browser's search function to quickly find what I'm looking for.

Have to test if this would impact the server too much ...

For some reason I had totally missed the "Available in Marketplace" function in the regular module browser... Great, thanks.
There's always something I didn't know at MG... fascinating.

Re the "All" button: Yes, of course - thanks.

Re the "All" button: Yes, of course - thanks.

-- KNYST

I second that :-)

Not sure if this is the place

User christophefur has listings up and is basically taking loans on modules and not selling them. I purchased a Rings from him and after the time he told me he'd ship, he had not and was not responding to my messages asking for an update. I noticed he changed the listing the day after I purchased from only accepting Venmo, to accepting Paypal and Venmo. He then told me a bunch of personal info he was going through and how he was going to refund me, but he doesn't have the money at the moment and that he didn't actually want to sell the modules, which means he spent my money and kept the goods I purchased.

He has a Braids for sale and I would use extreme caution if you're going to purchase. From what our exchange was he has no intention to sell, you will be loaning him money.

Not sure if this is the place

User christophefur has listings up and is basically taking loans on modules and not selling them. I purchased a Rings from him and after the time he told me he'd ship, he had not and was not responding to my messages asking for an update. I noticed he changed the listing the day after I purchased from only accepting Venmo, to accepting Paypal and Venmo. He then told me a bunch of personal info he was going through and how he was going to refund me, but he doesn't have the money at the moment and that he didn't actually want to sell the modules, which means he spent my money and kept the goods I purchased.

He has a Braids for sale and I would use extreme caution if you're going to purchase. From what our exchange was he has no intention to sell, you will be loaning him money.
-- hawkfuzz

Sorry to hear that, hawkfuzz.
Christophefur, if you read this, you know what to do: refund the module or just ship it instantly. There are no excuses.

[edit: spelling error]

Hi,

Could you please advice sellers to name the location a little more detailed. Maybe in the default classified description text as a default header (like condition and shipping).
There is still a difference for me to buy from Paris vs. Hamburg, price & time etc.
It is cool to know in advance, maybe even saves a message.

Also:
The good traders thread is well intended but do you really expect people to go thru all the posts to find the one guy?
If you are serious about that, you need a feedback form on each member profile and a way to determine if a member is a allowed to review the other. Maybe if you add a field for buyers name when the seller clicks the "sold" button?

Thanks for this awesome website!

Kay

Hi,

Could you please advice sellers to name the location a little more detailed. Maybe in the default classified description text as a default header (like condition and shipping).

good idea, I have added that.

Also:
The good traders thread is well intended but do you really expect people to go thru all the posts to find the one guy?

You can search the thread, search input field top right.

If you are serious about that, you need a feedback form on each member profile and a way to determine if a member is a allowed to review the other. Maybe if you add a field for buyers name when the seller clicks the "sold" button?
-- lpzw_modules

I know it's not very good like it is and needs improvment. The rating can not be only done by the seller, it has to work in both directions. Maybe something like a friend system where you can see if a guy is connected to others? I know some people have a strong dislike for everything facebookish so it has to be thought out well ;)

@christophefur is now posting modules very under priced and claiming he has cancer. I'd use extreme caution before sending any money. Honestly I would not even bother because he definitely had the module I ordered but never sent it and made a shady story about why he couldn't send it anymore after taking my money.

@christophefur is now posting modules very under priced and claiming he has cancer.

-- hawkfuzz

I don't know about his condition but I have messaged him because some of you have doubts if those offers are legit.
I did not get an answer so I have deleted the offers.
Knut

How do I sell thru here and link my reverb.com account properly? I see that some sellers have a link that says Reverb instead of their account name.

Wondering...

How do I sell thru here and link my reverb.com account properly? I see that some sellers have a link that says Reverb instead of their account name.

Wondering...
-- AudioResearch

The Reverb offers are pulled automatically from their website so if you put an offer on Reverb it will find it's way to ModularGrid

Cool, yeah I see my ads. Thanks!

i feel it's a silly question but i can't find the seach bar or buttonon the marketplace i only have the list of the item which is of course too large to find anything...

i feel it's a silly question but i can't find the seach bar or buttonon the marketplace i only have the list of the item which is of course too large to find anything...
-- spyinzedark

In the normal module browser is a selectbox Available in Marketplace. Select a region and use all the search options like name, manufacturer etc. The results are modules available to buy in the marketplace.

Thanks

Are sellers notified via e-mail when they are contacted about a module they are selling?

Are sellers notified via e-mail when they are contacted about a module they are selling?
-- jdelorean

yes

Maybe this has been asked before but why is there no text search field in the Marketplace?

Maybe this has been asked before but why is there no text search field in the Marketplace?
-- realeoin

If you go to the regular module finder section, you can use the "Available in Marketplace" menu, together with other search criteria as "Manufacturer" and/or "Function", etc.

If you go to the regular module finder section, you can use the "Available in Marketplace" menu, together with other search criteria as "Manufacturer" and/or "Function", etc.

-- KNYST

Thanks

I've tried that alright

Doing so just leads me to Page 1 of the Marketplace without including the preferred module as a search criteria

Hello @modulargrid

Is there a way to filter the marketplace offers with a specific EU country? (France in my case)

(congrats for all the previous implementations btw, the site is always improving that's great)

Alex