I'm finally finishing up my rack (for now), and I've decided to add a nice subtractive voice to round it out. I tossed around the idea of adding a Moog Grandmother or Matriarch, but decided to keep it in the rack. I'm going to go with two AJH Minimod VCOs for sure. I'm usually pretty decisive, but I really can't choose between the Minimod VCF and the Gemini 2412 filter. There are pros and cons to each, and they both sound incredible with different character. I'm not necessarily trying to build a fully faithful Minimoog sound, just a really great sounding subtractive voice.
I am a little stuck. Any tips or user experience with AJH out there?
Thanks in advance.

Probably should have mentioned that my current filter situation is a Ripples, the FSS Gristleizer filter, and an Optomix. Sorry for the oversight. :)

I'm finally finishing up my rack (for now), and I've decided to add a nice subtractive voice to round it out. I tossed around the idea of adding a Moog Grandmother or Matriarch, but decided to keep it in the rack. I'm going to go with two AJH Minimod VCOs for sure. I'm usually pretty decisive, but I really can't choose between the Minimod VCF and the Gemini 2412 filter. There are pros and cons to each, and they both sound incredible with different character. I'm not necessarily trying to build a fully faithful Minimoog sound, just a really great sounding subtractive voice.
I am a little stuck. Any tips or user experience with AJH out there?
Thanks in advance.
-- farkas

The question is weather you prefer State Variable Filters or Ladder filters. I'd go for the ladder filter but that's just my preference.

I ended up deciding on the ladder filter. Less sound sculpting options, but it sounds so freakin' good. Thanks for the input.

Good choice, all I know is their oscillators are among the very best around, I watched a very well performed test between 4 different oscillators, and the the AJH were pretty much outstanding of the 4. There is also a company in Berlin (ACL) which are making incredible oscillators and filters in the same tradition.