this user has left ModularGrid

Had fun creating some noise tonite with my new Hertz Donut MK3 and new Stillson Hammer MK2 a great sequencer.
Here is what I can up with after getting it installed:

Definitely love it so wild and the Stillson Hammer is way better than Varigate sequencer that drove me nuts.

Hi Sacguy71,

Nice demo! Next time I go to my local dealer I need to check out the Harvestman stuff (I always forget that new name).

Indeed about the Varigate, I had it tested last year at my local dealer and wasn't really impressed, I am glad that I didn't bought it, after reading your feedback :-)

Thank you very much and kind regards, Garfield.

P.S.: I looked it up, Industrial Music Electronics... what a name ;-) To me the Harvestman sounds nicer and especially easier to remember!

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah Harvestman/IME are probably my favorite modules next to Mutable Instruments and Intellijel so far as a modular company.
The Stillson Hammer sequencer is everything that the Varigate failed to achieve. Super powerful, easy to learn and great for live on the fly performances. It can do quantized live, many different modes like reverse, pendalum, random and so forth and create lots of fun patterns quickly and easily. Hertz Donut is my favorite new complex oscillator! I can go from sweet flute tones and pads to brutal mayhem. I love the Rossum Trident as well. But the Harvestman just takes cake for industrial madness. Scott Jaeger is a genius.

Hi Sacguy71,

You make me curious about those Harvestman modules, I really need to check if I can test one or two of them with my next visit to my local dealer. It's just this stupid Covid-19 that keeps me away from doing that, let's hope that from next year onwards things are getting better on that front :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Definitely check them out, Garfield!

Piston Honda and Hertz Donut are super amazing complex oscillators and Kermit a super modulator plus Bionic Lester a crazy filter with lots of hidden tricks. I am really enjoying the Stillson Hammer sequencer as well. Black Friday sales and good return policy make it risk free for me as I can return in 30 days for refund or store credit. The MDLR case is great- now I have room for my larger fun modules and still 200HP free and plus 2 rows for 1u tile modules. I also have Doepfer monster base case that has 300+ HP free so good on space at last for the crazy massive modules that I have wanted. Befaco Hexmixer is surprisingly great love the mute switches and EQ section for 6 inputs/outputs. For tools, the Erogeneous Tones Levit8 and VC8 are superb and Mutable Instruments Shades.

Hi Sacguy71,

Sounds like you got enough HP space for a while :-)

Enjoy your new modules and space and kind regards, Garfield.

Thanks Garfield,

Indeed, I am happy now as plenty of space. I do however need to move into a larger studio space to take advantage of my gear. Right now studio space is crowded. Fortunately the folding tables are great and MDLR case superb for travel and easy to fold when not in use albeit quite heavy! I probably will get some 1u modules and few more percussion modules, another complex analog oscillator and filter and some FX modules in the future then have all needed in one case. Add ring modulator for good measure like the Dalek modulator.

Hi Sacguy71,

Yes good point about the larger studio space, I am facing the same issue. I have the modular stuff just on the table next to my (home office) working table and there is just no more space for it to extend. For me there is no easy way around this and I need a mega plan to create space for a larger studio space... sigh... a lot of work ;-)

Good luck with your studio plans and kind regards, Garfield.

Thanks Garfield,

Indeed- in fact all of my desks/tables are full of my three modular cases so no space left until I can move to larger studio and buy more desks. I also need a couple more pairs of studio monitors and stands. I already have a ton of modular gear to learn and use to create and record music. Once the WMD Metron sequencer arrives that is it for modules for a while. I figure with two good sequencers, two complex oscillators/filters and lots of modulation sources and support modules in the MDLR 14u case, I have more than enough to keep busy! I did take advice and have the 8 VCAs, 8 attenuator/offset and mixers and logic modules even have plenty of tools like this for making patches fun. The matrix mixer from 4ms is really fun can have 4x4 matrix mixer with mutes and all sorts of routing options. Befaco Hexmix is superb eurorack mixer as well love the mutes and pan options. At least no one can say my new case lacks enough support modules now :-)

Really like the Erogeneous Tones VC8 and Levit8 attentuator modules and Mutable Instruments Shades is fantastic.