ModularGrid Rack

So, here's the updated version.

I made a lot of room by switching to the Delptronics sequencer and drum voices. Filled up that space with a Pressure Points and a Shifty... though the Shifty might be under-used with only 2 synth voices.

Swapped the Atlantis for a Quadnic and SEM and Maths. The Quadnic might end up being great with the Shifty, but I admittedly don't have my head totally wrapped around what the Quadnic can do, just that it's a really cool waveform osc that has a ton of depth.

An alternate that I'm also curious about is replacing the Quadnic and SEM with a Doepfer A-111-4 (4 VCO) and maybe a Wasp filter.

EDIT: Changed some stuff around. Sid Guts + Beast's Chalkboard, keeping the Tidal Wave.

EDIT EDIT: Keep making changes.

The Trigger Man looks pretty cool. I had never heard of it. The Delptronic drum modules look pretty great, too. Main reason I am looking at the Trigger Riot is easy polyrythmic sequences, both for triggering drums and for modulation. Looks like the Trigger Man can do a lot of the same thing.

Atlantis... basically because I'm lazy and it's a complete voice.

An alternative setup I was looking at before was the ALM Sid Guts Deluxe. I have a Sid Station that I really love, but hate the menu-diving. That would free up some room for a Function/Maths. And all of that would free up room for a Pressure Points (and some other utility modules), which is something I was wanting to add down the line.

Thanks for the suggestions. Gives me something to think about.

I'm about half way saved up for this system: ModularGrid Rack

The idea is to have a self-contained performance system that can range from booty shaking music to rhythmic noice. I figure between the Metropolis, Trigger Riot, and the uStep, I'm good for sequencing and modulation sources, not counting the LFOs from the Atlantis and the Tidal Wave.

I plan on doing this in two waves. The upper 3u (main synth voice and sequencer plus effects) will be first. Then the bottom 3u (drum sequencer + voices, Tidal Wave - mostly for envelope/filter/etc, but also as a secondary voice, and a mixer) will come toward the end of the year.

It's all pretty straight forward, but I can't help shake the feeling I'm missing something.

Thanks for any input.