That’s more like tape chorus edging into vibrato,I use a chase bliss warped vinyl for similar sounds, all I could really suggest is a couple of oscillators set up so the pitch and volume drift slowly through a set range with an LFO or such like, then filtered to taste.I’d definitely invest in a module to give you an FX loop for pedals though, the Busy Circuits SBG is great and gives you CV control over exp pedal inputs and the new 4ms listen I/O gives you two loops ( although getting the gain levels to suit two pedals/sound sources with one knob is a bit tricky ) or a true stereo I/O,or a loop and aux in.

Thanks for that round-up, some exciting stuff there that would have passed me by.

The Harmonaigh gives the intervals from one source but gives a 1v/Oct signal for each so you need four good stable oscillators to get the most from it, you’ll probably find you use the Distings for reverb/delay/mod and controlling mod and you’ll probably want Plonk on percussive more than harmonic duties.Qu-bit’s chord generates it’s own sound for each and with V2 coming out soon the original unit might be pretty affordable(seen a couple on eBay already since NAMM) Quadnic’s got a polyphonic mode too and the wave sequencing mode with this is fantastic but no decent demos really, I’ve got both and if I’d picked up the Quadnic first I probably wouldn’t of bought Chord but I’m glad I’ve got it and doubt I’ll part with it anytime soon if that makes sense. I’ve not tried Marbles so can’t really comment on whether it would stand up to the task of sequencing everything but whilst it’s capabilities are quite exciting I wouldn’t personally want to be without a more traditional sequencer as well.

You’re not going to do much with the Harmonaigh with that setup and I’d definitely keep the Neutron standalone, are you sequencing from external sources?

Thread: Morphagene

Can any Morphagene ( or possibly Phonogene) users tell me if after you’ve recorded an external source like guitar or standalone synth you can begin playback and still hear the input source if you we’re to play over it?

Would the Pexp-1 not do what you need?

Does anyone in the UK fancy joining me in having our own rails extruded? I’ve looked into it and whilst the savings are phenomenal I don’t ( as much fun as it would be) need to fill 700m of racking.

Thanks Lugia, I was hoping you’d recommend that- I think I could happily while away many an hour just tuning the oscillators on the Quadnic.

Wow! Thank you for taking the time and effort to put that together for me. Not a build that’s going to happen over night though, Pamela and the Mixology have got to be next in my mind but where would you focus your attention next?

No worries, just to clarify though I meant keep the Mother free standing and have the full 84hp free. Enjoy the M32- if you haven’t already check out Loopop’s YouTube videos on it, really good for getting the most out of it.

That’s exactly what I did a few months back, I bought a dfam,the three tier and the 60hp case and thought that’ll do. I filled it pretty quick and a Metropolis on eBay soon meant I had to take out all but one module and leave them on the shelf until I’d chosen and sourced a new case. Rings and Plaits really interested me too but it was the Karplus Strong sounds that I was after and I got those in 2hp thanks to pluck. I would get a mixer as routing any signal through the M32 means it get’s filtered, the LFO applied etc, there are ways around this but they’re a pain. I’ve not had an issue with voltages so far but Erica do the M-scale specifically for this. My Metropolis purchase probably answers your sequencer question, the M32’s isn’t the most intuitive sequencer due to the lack of visual feedback and the number of shift commands, multi button simultaneous presses and LED combinations to remember. A Pamela’s new workout is next on the list and I wish it had been a first purchase when the funds were available so I’d definitely get a good dividing clock generator and modulator in there sooner rather than later. My biggest regret is the 60hp case though, not that I mightn’t have added it at a later date when I had a better idea of how to fill it for maximum efficiency, but starting out get the most HP you can for your money, the Moog case and stands ain’t cheap for what they are. You’ll get 84hp, power and adapter with the tip-top happy endings for fractionally more than the Moog gear, I went with the u-Zeus and was a bit miffed to discover It didn’t come with the wallwart- another 20 quid and three day wait to get up and running and immediately wished I’d gone with the happy endings. Hope that helps.

Thread: Mr. Rogers

I’m pretty new at this myself but you’ve got a few discontinued modules there and others that will be equally hard to source including the Thomas Henry LFO and the buffered mult - both of which are quite large and there are plenty of slimmer options.I’d definitely invest in a larger more versatile sequencer with the extra space, I’ve got a 2hp pluck which is fantastic at the size and price for karplus strong sounds which might be a really useful voice for the kind of music you want to make and also a 2hp arp- also good but the two mini pots are, how shall I say- overstretched for the functionality and control required so I think the seq would be a bit frustrating to use, a good unit if you desperately need a another basic sequencer and are really struggling for space but probably not a first choice primary sequencer.

Thanks for the Qubit tip- I think that’s the way I’ll go, and scrap my sequencer ideas-the voltage block seems to do exactly what I’m looking for ie subtly shifting harmonies but in a pretty small footprint, the note entry seems a bit clumsy but looks like it might yield plenty of happy accidents though.

Thanks Lugia, the build is basically finished, adding Pamela as a clock and modulation source, the Quadnic and couple more quick intuitive sequencers( a pair of stepper acids perhaps or even a another pair of Metropoli - is that the plural of Metropolis?)at some point and ditching the Chord is as far as it’s going ( ha ha). The Moogs are still separate but just put in the rack for the purposes of the thread. I just realised I missed out what is actually quite a key component- a WMD Pro out so I’ve got no issues with the line out so far, the rack is going into an external mixer basically to provide a soundscape/rhythm section for a Voyager OS and Sub37, theremin and guitar- the Pittsburgh mixer appealed because I can run the guitar via a UA Oxbox into the modular system and share guitar pedals between the synth and guitar as well as being able to mess with the guitar signal. The automation thing isn’t critical on the mixer as pretty much as soon as I plugged Frames in I realised it’s like programming- and I HATE programming! Your point about VCAs, envelope generators and LFOs is taken on board, I’m just a bit lost as to the best way to go in this area- just discovered the joy of sending the LFO square and triangle from the M32 to the aux inputs of the Metropolis controlling the 2hp pluck and realised how much they open up the potential of a system, as to envelopes- could an ADSR module be easily synced or triggered with my existing set up plus Pamela?

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_789046.jpg
Evening modular people, fairly new to eurorack so need a bit of advice. I bought Frames as a mixer because the key frame idea appealed to me, being able to fade in one source or sequence as you lose two and leave another more or less dominant in the mix with the turn of one knob sounded great on paper. In practice it is a bit clumsy and setting the levels up how you want is pretty hit and miss, it also can’t be used on fly at all unless you’ve got two separate systems running in tandem so I’m left with essentially a quite expensive 4 channel mixer. I appreciate it can do the same trick with CVs and has other hidden depths but at this stage that’s not what i’m after, saving grace it has a really crackly pot so can be returned BUT - do I need the VCA/attenuator element of the module? I’m thinking of exchanging it for the Pittsburgh Modular system interface which offers me some much more practical useful features in a mixer but will I need to purchase VCAs to get decent levels out? I should add the modules on the far right are not part of the setup but the next purchases to be made from the ever expanding wish list. Any input is appreciated.