The database includes too many racks to simply sort by name or date. Would be great to sort by most discussed for example (on the homepage, there's a section "Hot racks" so I'm assuming the data is available).

I think it's a pretty good start. You might want to reconsider the Rainmaker for such a small rack. I find it quite bulky (and expensive). The 4MS DLD might be an interesting module to look at, and then you'll have a bit extra space for something like 2HP verb which is quite essential for ambient I think.

Good luck!

Thanks @Lugia and @Dom78

Learning synthesis with my rack, I am trying to avoid pedals and DAW for the coming year at least. Trying to create everything within the modular system.

So from what you've said, I gather that the parts that make this warbly, lo-fi sound are:
* Pitch modulation
* Overdrive
* Filtering
* Chorus
* anything else?

Some follow up questions:
* Is it possible to modulate the pitch of my main output?
* For overdrive, I guess I could use a VCA?
* For chorus the DLD?

For reference, these are the modules I currently have:
ModularGrid Rack

Thanks!

I'm trying to create tape emulation, similar to effects like Cooper FX: Generation Loss for instance, where you can modulate pitch, add noise and eq the incoming signal. I tried modulating the pitch on the DLD from 4MS but didn't get the results I was looking for. I'm missing the noise response I guess? I'm not sure... Any ideas on how to achieve such effect?

Here's a nice demo of Cooper FX: Generation Loss by Knob to demonstrate the effect I'm looking for:

Cheers!

Not a bad idea, although the king of delay functionality is probably the Intellijel Rainmaker. It's bigger...but you could conceivably fit it if you yanked the Dual VCA and the Dynamix for starters, replacing them with a Codex u4xVCA (8 hp clone of the Mutable Veils) in the Dynamix's spot. This would also open up 2 hp in the top, which could then allow you to put a Xaoc Zadar in for four EGs in the spot now occupied by the one EG in the Contour. More cost, perhaps, but much more functionality!
-- Lugia

Another option for the 4XVCA could be the Doepfer A 135-2 which I find super useful and compact. Also, never used the Zadar, but I'd also consider Pamela's new workout.