Hello,

I have been trying to design the perfect rack now for about two years. It has gone through many renditions, both in reality and in what I want to get out of it. I have a minibrute 2, along with the rack brute 6u, a digitakt, and a handful of the modules in this rack. I had a rene at one point, but never really clicked with it, and decided that sequencing within my rack took up too much space and wasn't really worth it. I am really comfortable with the Electron UI and sequencing, but I don't have a Midi to CV. I was wondering if anyone could speak on the FH-2? I've found a few videos about it, but none that pair it with the Digitakt.

At this point what I want out of my rack, is a complex monosynth with interesting modulation capabilities. I want the ability to sonically explore and have a device capable of working in any electronic music context. Drums I can handle with my digitakt, and I have a minilogue XD for polyphony/ pad sounds, so neither of those things are a concern. All I want is a robust mono synth that can inspire me and surprise me.

Sorry for this being rambling and all over the place. Would love any opinions. Please let me know if there are any gaping holes in this, or if you think I should switch out any modules. Looking to seriously invest in the next couple of weeks. Really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Rack

Thanks so much for all the feedback. I was considering replacing pams with 4ms shuffle clock divide and the 2hp Euclid. Would this be a good idea? it would also give me an extra 2 hp..

clocking aside, I would love to get some opinions on the filter/modulation section. I have a few different versions right now and what I'm trying to work out is the envelope, the filter, and the VCA.

For filters I'm between the Morgasmatron, the harvestman polivoks, and the optomix. I realize these vary wildly in hp and functions, but they're all appealing to me. I have thought about having both the morgasmatron and the optomix, but that would mean losing STO and I'm not sure about that.

As far as envelopes go I'm between the XAOC zadar and the quadra. I thought about the intelijel dual adsr, but I figured it would be better to sacrifice the better control of the adsr for the two extra channels on the quadra. The zadar seems interesting, and I think it could also be an good source of modulation, but I'm not super into menu diving and I'll already have to deal with some of that with the disting and Pamela so...

The other thing I'm not too sure about is the uFOLD. I like the westcoast vibe of it and I've seen it make some cool sounds, but I'm wondering if I'll need it, especially if I have the morgasmatron and if I ditched the ufold I could do the 4 chanel intelijel vca instead of the uVCA which I think would probably be better (?).

Also the mixing capabilities of the brute are very poor so right now I'd be purely relying on optomix (is this sufficient? and if not would adding a 2 hp summing mixer be enough?)

I'm so sorry for bombarding you guys with so many questions! just a lot to figure out. Really appreciate all the help thus far.
Thanks!

Thanks so much Ronin. Pamela was appealing to me because of the euclidian and random step skipping functions which I guess I could more or less replicate with a divider and rene. I already own the plaits so I don't think I'll be able to switch it out.

I would be willing to lose the uVCA, but I want ears just as a preamp for getting things from line level to euro level.
What do you think about the two different racks? Is it alright to rely on planar as my only rack EG -there are two on the brute- and is the Morgasmatron worth the exchange of ufold, harvestman, and optomix?

Again, thanks so much for the suggestions.

Ok taking that into account I have sketched up the following two racks.
on this one I used the harvestman polivoks clone:
poli

and On this one, I used the Morgasmatron:
morgas

in the rack with the morgasmatron I also switched the quadra and ufold for the planar. I was hoping that the morgasmatron would cover most of what I would get out of the ufold and the planar could replace some of the envelope capabilities of the quadra while also providing more modulation. I realize the Planar wouldn't be great as my only envelope source, but I do have an AD and an ADSR on the minibrute.

Would love to get anyone's thoughts on these two racks

Just realized I posted an older rendition. This is what I am actually considering:
rack

Like most in this sub I'm pretty fresh to the euro game. I have a minibrute 2 and the rackbrute 6u. Over the past few months I have accumulated the maths, rene, and plaits and have had loads of fun with just these and the brute, but I want to expand and have plenty of rackspace to do so. This is what I have sketched up so far and would love some feedback before I pull the trigger on any of these. My Rack
Thanks so much