The module I use almost always is the fabulous Optomix. I have silver panel and black panel Models.
I heard that the older Modules used ""better Excelitas Vactrols but there is no info visible on the Vactrols.

They differ in the following items:
- The Black panels have the Vactrols stacked on a separate layer, the silver Optomix models have the Vactrols integrated directly behind the panel.
- The sound is also different. Most obvious is that the black optomix does a Bassdrum when with a strike input and no input. The silver panel remains silent.

Does anybody know which version is V2 and if there are any other important differences?

I would like to add:
- Productivity: a Modular is by far the least productive thing you want to use if you want to make music. You tend to get entangled while finding a sound or simply by patching. You may end up with something interesting, but it possibly is not what you wanted or needed for the composition you had in mind (if you had one).
- Especcially if you are not sure if you are an ADHS type of person, it could be problematic to have so many options directly in front of you.
- And you should think about how your workflow will change. You should get used to having one patch in one moment that will not persist. So you have to record it. The Octatrack will come in handy if you like to build up a set based on small pieces of audio. Or you want to record your composition straigt to a multi or 2-Track recorder.
Some people also try to integrate their modular system with their computer/DAW, but I think that is even more overhead that needs to be managed before making music and most people use a modular system to get away from the screen.

Interesting question, I am also currently looking for a compact menuless Env Module.
I currently use some make noise function modules (which i would prefer over the contour), some malekko Envelator modules and just recently added the dreadbox attaxia because its cheap compact and offers 2 Env or LFOs.
I would also recommend a function generator: Maths, Rampage, DUSG of Falistri (of which i only had the maths)
The döpfer A-143-2 quad adsr is also a nice and interesting env-generator, if you don't mind the optics and space.

Just reveived a mail that bkm panels closed the business.

Next to the m32 is a intellijel uvca. Then a makenoise function, the next I don’t know. Then something from Pittsburgh modular I guess.

I think it is worth mentioning, that the Black Maths cycle state ist initially off. I had another silver panel V2-Maths-Module that initially was always on (like the function module does it); not sure if it is a feature of the black version or if newer Math-Modules also handle it that way.

You do know that René requires a PSU with fixed ground (not floating) for its touch plates to work properly?
-- wiggler55550

Yes but I found one that works.
I have a skiff like above running without problems.

Of course, the easiest way around not having a 5V bus is something like a Doepfer A-100AD5, which also works solely from a 12V only supply. Only 100mA, but so few modules actually demand 5V (mainly digital-based ones) that the load amount isn't usually an issue.
-- Lugia

It's not about 5V. These Modules run even without the +12V, that most Modules require. These Modules only use one "half" of the 12V bus and do not need a special PSU like the rowpower or uZeus.

I collected some Modules that will probably run with a standard 12V PSU.
Connection can be done via a flexbusboard.
(The Rack is 104 HP but does not display correctly here)
ModularGrid Rack

Where can I get this? Or at least the front panel?

Had excellent buying experience with
@zannielzynga
@pablomateo
@owbotic
@octon
@x2mirko
@ameswalk
@KaOsphere
@mnpzn

Would it be nice to have a section for gear related to modular music, but that is not a module by itself?
I am thinking of the Organelle, OP-1, Korg SQ-1 but maybe also eurorack cases.

Haha, yeah right.

Please think about limiting the number of whatched modules for non unicorn members. It constantly drains my wallet if I get notifications for modules that look interesting :o)
And maybe it would be cool to delete all notifications at once.

Mhm. The manufacture page says "bucket-brigade style".

I think original should output the original sound. I sold my module a while ago and can not remember exactly but did you read the Doepfer manual? Maybe it is more clearer then.

Oh meanwhile I have the uzeus powering teo small mothers cases. Works ok for me and powers two rows of 60 Hp.
Actually it looks like this at the moment:

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_480588.jpg
ModularGrid Rack

I think this setup would not be that useles as it looked at first sight. The triggerman cannwork as a clock divider. Rene and pressure points would be perfect for playing the 0-coast. The Adar and random modules are also useful.

Cool. I added the above modules to the rack.
Would be nice to have another oscillator with only 12v.
Are there any other modules?

Where is the the output module was also my first thought. maybe you should take a look at the make noise Rosie. It as a cue mixer and was made for live performance. So,maybe it's for you. But you may also consider the new Doepfer output module.

If you want to combine modules with the mother 32 it should be possible to power other modules with the mothers psu (because it provides a lot more power than the mother actually uses).

• Make Noise Rene, pressure points, 0-coast, tempi
  • Delptronics trigger man

Anything else?

ModularGrid Rack

Ps: looks like the image of the rack does not update

Ups. Sorry. Wrong Module.

Edit: if you go with the multiple - I would take an active one...
-- grahambrot
Yes, but it was just to fill the space and i already have one left. And I use stackables.
Also the Tirana is already in my bigger setup.
The VCO ist new and has an attractive price for what it can do, but I did not have purchased it yet.

Another thought would be to use only black panel modules that use only the 12 V of the mother psu …

Yes of course, I could fill up the rack with distings and only have to remember which function is assiged to which module.
I always wanted to pick one up, bit forgot about it.
Looks cool:
ModularGrid Rack

I am thinking of building a modular row with 114 HP around the mother 32.
I think it needs:
1. Maths (alternative: one or more functions or 171-2),
2. another oszillator (E330),
3. one LFO (E355, A-147-2),
4. Power solution (uZeus?)

Do you know any modules that I am missing, or can do better?
If I would go for maximum module count the erica synths pico series would be an option:

PS: the uZeus only uses half of its mA with this row. Is there a way to power the whole row with the Mothers PSU?

Looks like this at the moment:
ModularGrid Rack

So 40 mA (Turing Machine MK1) + 27 mA(Pulses MK1) +25 mA (Voltages) should be under 100 mA on the +12V and 10mA (for Voltages) on -12V Bus.