I really like your choice of modules!

Hey there, thanks for the comment! And not bad yourself - powerful system you have. It's actually going to be 5 rows of 72hp, but I don't have a Unicorn account to show the last row (see "Last Row" rack, which are more odd stuff.

Can I ask how you use all your switches? (I've got a Dynamic Destiny in repair)

Thanks! Yeah switches- I love them because they are one of those "building block" modules that has a simple function which can lego together with pretty much anything. A few ways I use the Doepfer A-151:

Have them switch through four different modulators routed to the pitch or root in on metropolis, and then clock the switch so that every time metropolis finishes a pattern it's root is sequentiallay changed.

Set them to 50/50, two possible outputs, and trigger the switch with the URA or sloth for true random switching.

Run them at audio rate and do nasty waveshaping.

Make the WMD sequential switch matrix a 64 step 1 channel sequencer.

Route multiple waveshapes out of an VCO into Warps, i.e switch between saw, tri, etc. rather than just one.

Flip between two totally different 1v/o CVs into a VCO, completely changing a melody.

Basically with switches it is awesome when you are feed something modulation X, and while you're listening to that, modulation Y is being changed. Then you flip back to listen to modulation Y, and now modulation signal X is being altered in the background. If that makes sense! In other words, if you are into self playing/automation type stuff then you want switching.

In general I find them cheap and indispensable! I really love WMD's Sequential Matrix because it lets you step through pages of matrix connections, and even randomize them! Super under appreciated module IMO.

I'm not familiar with the VCO by Elby, but I like their stuff. What's it's premise of operation? It looks very additive, interesting.

Hey - thanks for the info! I love the idea of switches as well, especially with something like the Dynamic Destiny which is bi-directional (1 to 4 or 4 to 1).

The use guide for the Elby oscillator can probably explain its function better than I ever can. Basically you "draw" the wavform of the oscillator with the faders. I've just been self-patching it, listening to A while patching B into the FM inputs, and vice versa. It sounds amazing. At the lowest frequency (LFO-ish territory) you can actually use it as a very basic 10-step sequencer. You can set the resolution of each oscillator differently and get two sequences playing at different speeds. The thing sounds amazing.
http://www.elby-designs.com/webtek/panther/if112-double-deka/if112-guide.pdf

Wooahhhhhh! How did I overlook this VCO?! Its essentially a wavetable synth where instead of loading the single cycles from memory, you draw their crests and troughs with faders, and the module samples or interpolates a wave shape out of that. That is really, really cool. Damn it! I "just finished" my rack and this is really tempting. Very much in the spirit of additive. I'm curious if the core oscillator is analog....I've heard it is hard to find stable analog oscillators that go super-aural, or at least not cheap.

I forgot to mention: the A-151 seq switch is bi-directional, but the WMD SSM is not.

Yeah! The Elby EuroSerge and Panther lines are incredibly interesting but sadly a bit under the radar. I'm glad I turned you onto them though! They have full kits too if you're into building.

Very cool. I really like Elby's chaos and wave shaping and folding stuff too.
As far as sampling goes, it seems to me you've got a great representation of different modules, but check out what Rossum Electro just announced: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/rossum-electro-music-assimil8or. I don't think there's ever been a polyphonic euro sampler?! Also it appears to me it can record input to it's SD card as well as do playback?

haha you bet I saw that Rossum sampler!